Kraton Just blew out both front tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loid

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Decided to do a rop speed run with the Kraton on 6S. Taped my phone to the back and headed up the street. Turned around, got going about 3/4 throttle and then pinned it. The front end raised and before I could let off, pow. Both front tires popped. Phone did a dozen cartwheels but is ok . Looks like now I'm in the market for new tires. Will probably try the backflips as I've read mostly good about them. Moral of the story, 6S is fun till it ain't!

Couldn't find backflips in stock anywhere so I ended up getting Badlands MX38s. Hopefully they don't balloon too bad.
Turns out the holes in the front tires were only about an inch wide. The foams wer damp so water may have had a hand in them popping. In a last ditch effort to save them I removed the tires from the wheels and taped the tires. I then glued the holes shut to the tape on the inside and added another layer on top. In a quick 10 min run they seemed ok but not sure how long they'll hold up. I'll keep em as a backup set for now.

Try Loctite 404 to fix tire rips. The stuff is expensive, $23 for a small bottle but it WILL hold your tires together. Look for it on Amazon.

Yup 6s is great fun, company's spend time an money testing these things before marketing,they now 6S brings in more money from part replacement. More power always comes before more chassis strength,they all need more then one paycheck a lifetime too. Speed an greed is awesome!

Got the Badlands and ran them yesterday. Here are my thoughts on them.
1. They grip way more than the stockers. Wheelies too much, rolling backflips are no problem. Pushes in the corners and the turning radius is much bigger.
2. They balloon way more than the stockers. Even romping through the grass its noticeable. I feel like I have to constantly monitor the ballooning for fear of popping them. Forget the occasional speed run down the street, these wouldnt last one time on 6S.
3. 2 of them have a significant wobble. Probably not a big deal but I expected more from a premium wheel/tire.

Bottom line, I don't like them and will replace them soon. Theyd be grrat for a bigger, slower basher type vehicle but they don't work well for me on my Kraton.

Your wobble si most likely from a bad glue job. take a look around the bead, where the tire meets the rim. I bet you have a place that does not look like the rest of the tire.

Your wobble si most likely from a bad glue job. take a look around the bead, where the tire meets the rim. I bet you have a place that does not look like the rest of the tire.
No RC car or trucks stock,are lasting very long with 6s power. Seems 4s is the economy sweet spot right now untill they make an all aluminum/ steel chassis components out of box. Wheels included.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back