Fireteam Just bought a Fireteam... Any advice????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your going to use fans a 20 would be ok. I’d start at an 18 and move my way up. Only cause of the weight of the fireteam.

I have a 18T on mine that has the max6 combo and it was getting toasty with the body and all the beef cake items I added to it (it’s loaded) and once I lightened the body significantly it made a drastic difference. I took the dudes out that were in it and that helped a lot. Now I can get a respectable run time out of it but it’s still like 165-180 if I’m running hard the whole time on a summer day. I do plan on adding fans… but even on this 18T this thing is a monster.. it RIPS!

The 1717 combos tend to stay a bit cooler from my experience so that’s why i suggested it. I just dropped a 1260kv combo in the Xmaxx 🤣😂 it’s about the same weight as my beefed up m2c fireteam so. It should be solid 💪🏻

If your going to use fans a 20 would be ok. I’d start at an 18 and move my way up. Only cause of the weight of the fireteam.

I have a 18T on mine that has the max6 combo and it was getting toasty with the body and all the beef cake items I added to it (it’s loaded) and once I lightened the body significantly it made a drastic difference. I took the dudes out that were in it and that helped a lot. Now I can get a respectable run time out of it but it’s still like 165-180 if I’m running hard the whole time on a summer day. I do plan on adding fans… but even on this 18T this thing is a monster.. it RIPS!

The 1717 combos tend to stay a bit cooler from my experience so that’s why i suggested it. I just dropped a 1260kv combo in the Xmaxx 🤣😂 it’s about the same weight as my beefed up m2c fireteam so. It should be solid 💪🏻
The only thing I upgraded on my xmaxx is the servo and tires... Trying to convince my wife she should get me an XRT for Christmas

When you say it gets hot 🥵 what temp is it getting to? I just got a FT and I’m thinking about leaving as is (FT body) but putting in a max6 with 1650kv with 24-26t pinion. I run that step-up in 2 of my 4 kraton (2 XL kratons) and my temps stay 110F to 130F. Do run dusk fans on my motor and 7.4v. Just curious if you think the temps due to the body and air flow? View attachment 258415View attachment 258416
You'd have to drop to the 46t spur to fit a 24-26t pinion in. I run 24/46 on my mojaves with the max6 combos and 12v fans.

Anyone running different tires/wheels than stock?
Anyone running a paddle tire, if so what sizes/brand/etc....?
I'm Gonna need another set of paddles to add to my collection for snow. Curious if anyone has or is running paddles and how it's working out?

Mmx8s/1650kv on 6s in the fireteam... start with a 19-20t pinion? I'm not looking for speed runs, but to match the 2050kv 6s with 12t pinion.
Doing some searching found this. Your statement fits my goal.... what pinion did you end up with?

Good post my Man. 18T looks to be good for you. I have an open body with nets and the inside removed. So 18T might be a good start with the 40mm fan I am running.

Old post you still on that 18T pinion?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back