Fireteam Just bought a Fireteam... Any advice????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast EXB
Just picked up a Fireteam from Amain for $399. I currently have a Kraton 6s EXB RTR (Previously an Outcast). Any tips or advice? I will most likely try it out on 6s. I had a Mojave EXB with a Max6/1650kv and hated it because of the parachuting issue, so I am assuming the Fireteam is kind of like the Mojave, but with a buggy body?

Watched an AMain video that said the Fireteam was essentially the Mojave chassis with the Kraton's arms. For fun it has an E-brake, so it's kind of an amalgamation of three Arrma rigs (2 offroad, 1 street). With the buggy body, it shouldn't parachute anywhere near what the Mojave did.

The fireteam body is nice n firm (and heavy) so you shouldn’t have an issue there.. no parachuting.

I have the max6 combo in mine with all the upgrades you could imagine and I almost think I need a different setup cause this puppy gets hot! Lol.

I'd make sure you check your diff fluids. the exb outcast 6s i got on the last sale had leaked out all the fluids in the front and rear diffs.
The fireteam body is nice n firm (and heavy) so you shouldn’t have an issue there.. no parachuting.

I have the max6 combo in mine with all the upgrades you could imagine and I almost think I need a different setup cause this puppy gets hot! Lol.
Let me know if you upgrade electronics. i could always use another max6 hahahaha

I'd make sure you check your diff fluids. the exb outcast 6s i got on the last sale had leaked out all the fluids in the front and rear diffs.

Let me know if you upgrade electronics. i could always use another max6 hahahaha
I just picked one up at my LHS $399 as well
They didn’t offer me the little associated that Amain or Horizon was offering lol. I couldn’t pass that deal up! I was about to start this same thread so I’ll be watching this thread as well. I have the EXB chassis braces for it. I’m sure other owners will have suggestions.

When you say it gets hot 🥵 what temp is it getting to? I just got a FT and I’m thinking about leaving as is (FT body) but putting in a max6 with 1650kv with 24-26t pinion. I run that step-up in 2 of my 4 kraton (2 XL kratons) and my temps stay 110F to 130F. Do run dusk fans on my motor and 7.4v. Just curious if you think the temps due to the body and air flow?
0F768967-7286-4B94-88F6-C3CAA9069F97.png
48B95F51-18FB-41C4-8DBA-CF4D35BBAB2B.png

When you say it gets hot 🥵 what temp is it getting to? I just got a FT and I’m thinking about leaving as is (FT body) but putting in a max6 with 1650kv with 24-26t pinion. I run that step-up in 2 of my 4 kraton (2 XL kratons) and my temps stay 110F to 130F. Do run dusk fans on my motor and 7.4v. Just curious if you think the temps due to the body and air flow? View attachment 258415View attachment 258416
How do you like those PH fans? I run the twisters and they really throw air but they are heavy. I’ve been seriously thinking of replacing them with the ones you have.
Can you run those on a separate 3s battery?

image.jpg

When you say it gets hot 🥵 what temp is it getting to? I just got a FT and I’m thinking about leaving as is (FT body) but putting in a max6 with 1650kv with 24-26t pinion. I run that step-up in 2 of my 4 kraton (2 XL kratons) and my temps stay 110F to 130F. Do run dusk fans on my motor and 7.4v. Just curious if you think the temps due to the body and air flow? View attachment 258415View attachment 258416
24-26T pinion!?😳
I haven’t run mine yet, but I was thinking putting in a 17T with the Max6 combo.
Are you planning to do speedrunning with the Fireteam? Interested to hear how a 24-26T pinion works out, since the Fireteam is a heavy rig with large tires.

Watched an AMain video that said the Fireteam was essentially the Mojave chassis with the Kraton's arms. For fun it has an E-brake, so it's kind of an amalgamation of three Arrma rigs (2 offroad, 1 street). With the buggy body, it shouldn't parachute anywhere near what the Mojave did.
Fireteam and Mojave are technicall Not Street runners at all. Can drive where ever you want as we all do.
I never felt my Mojave parachuted much if at all. More pronounced with my very light 1/10 SCT. Mojo with Moderate jumping and being rather heavy, the mass overcomes any parachute effect. The Mojave Is NOT a big air sending rig. If you do, Rotational control is severely limited for Big air because the tires are small. FT E-Brake is just poorly executed Fluff. Makes the chassis more bloated if anyting. HH Marketting thing. Just my opinon.
Yes FT and Mojave have the same chassi. FT just has the Kraton wider Arms. Body is just a body. Both bodies are very heavy. The FT body is even considerably heavier. Closed wheeled Mojo boday collects more debris and dirt. They are two differnt animals, mainly because of the Arms. Cof gravity is also way different between both.
I recommend using Alloy Upgrade Fr and Rr chassis braces. First upgrades. This chassis is the longest of the 6s line, and can bend easily with the plastic stocker braces.
24-26T pinion!?😳
I haven’t run mine yet, but I was thinking putting in a 17T with the Max6 combo.
Are you planning to do speedrunning with the Fireteam? Interested to hear how a 24-26T pinion works out, since the Fireteam is a heavy rig with large tires.
Yeay FT is not for Speed running. It's just the opposite. And for the dirt and big air. Durable for that purpose.
And she is a heavy girl at that. A poor choice for speed running, if that is what you planned to do all along. 50-60mph is all you really want or need for the dirt, grass and Big air IMHO.

Fireteam and Mojave are technicall Not Street runners at all. Can drive where ever you want as we all do.
I never felt my Mojave parachuted much if at all. More pronounced with my very light 1/10 SCT. Mojo with Moderate jumping and being rather heavy, the mass overcomes any parachute effect. The Mojave Is NOT a big air sending rig. If you do, Rotational control is severely limited for Big air because the tires are small. FT E-Brake is just poorly executed Fluff. Makes the chassis more bloated if anyting. HH Marketting thing. Just my opinon.
Yes FT and Mojave have the same chassi. FT just has the Kraton wider Arms. Body is just a body. Both bodies are very heavy. The FT body is even considerably heavier. Closed wheeled Mojo boday collects more debris and dirt. They are two differnt animals, mainly because of the Arms. Cof gravity is also way different between both.
I recommend using Alloy Upgrade Fr and Rr chassis braces. First upgrades. This chassis is the longest of the 6s line, and can bend easily with the plastic stocker braces.

Yeay FT is not for Speed running. It's just the opposite. And for the dirt and big air. Durable for that purpose.
And she is a heavy girl at that. A poor choice for speed running, if that is what you planned to do all along. 50-60mph is all you really want or need for the dirt, grass and Big air IMHO.
What about hinge pin holders? I am also thinking of putting the Hot Racing kraton hubs on. The stock rear hubs seem to have a lot of slop where they connect to the A-arms. A few washers will fix that. Anyone breaking hubs? I don’t want to add weight that ain’t needed though

How do you like those PH fans? I run the twisters and they really throw air but they are heavy. I’ve been seriously thinking of replacing them with the ones you have.
Can you run those on a separate 3s battery?

View attachment 258418
I like the PH fans, the mount is OK you have to get it just right or it wobbles. My next build I’m using The extreme cool mount seems a bit bigger little more stout. With the NHX fans I run all my fans off my reciever.
9AC97CBF-429C-40D4-9C59-F61BCFA6595F.png
E6DEDF5D-EE22-4116-8161-48C33FB122E1.png
D13264AF-DD0A-4827-B1D8-B28042C51994.png

Now for the big question... Hobbywing Max6/1650kv or Castle MMX8s/1650???? I already have a castle mamba micro x for a vanquish vs410, a mamba x/2850kv in a TRX4 and a MMX/2200kv in my Tekno MT410.
I know the MMX8s is $100 more, and they probably perform just about the same. I do like that I can set my brake and throttle curves with the castle.

I like the PH fans, the mount is OK you have to get it just right or it wobbles. My next build I’m using The extreme cool mount seems a bit bigger little more stout. With the NHX fans I run all my fans off my reciever. View attachment 258425View attachment 258424View attachment 258423
I never heard of NHX. It does look beefier. I run most of mine off the receiver myself. I have two Kratons I run a separate 3s.one is an XLKRATON with three Powerhobby twister fans MMX8S 1717. The other is a highly M2C’ed EXB with Max6 4985. Heavy trucks. They throw some dirt and jump great!
Wrecks can be costly though.

That fireteam is a great deal. I know I’m going to be sorry for not getting one. I just spend 800$+ on home heating oil...

I never heard of NHX. It does look beefier. I run most of mine off the receiver myself. I have two Kratons I run a separate 3s.one is an XLKRATON with three Powerhobby twister fans MMX8S 1717. The other is a highly M2C’ed EXB with Max6 4985. Heavy trucks. They throw some dirt and jump great!
Wrecks can be costly though.
8EB0F53A-0BF8-43A6-B360-FC7D3A17F9D4.jpeg

I run max6 with 1650kv in both my XL kraton with the same fan setup on 7.4v. Temps are 115F-130F. I’ve been doing some speed testing and pushing pretty hard.
F3BF09C5-85CE-4FF6-875B-DEF271E8EA6A.jpeg

You are right that neither the Mojave or Fireteam are street runners, and I didn't mean they were. I was just making reference to the handbrake, which was lifted from the Infraction 6s V2, which is a street machine. That's all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back