Kraton Just Bought a Kraton, Thoughts as I Wait for It?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So nice to hear that it can bash through the snow! I assume you changed the springs, but did you do anything else?

I have a set of V3 springs I'm going to throw on my Outcast. As for the Kraton, I like to superman jump it so it needs the stiffest & highest suspension I can give it so it doesn't bottom out on the ramp or when it comes falling to earth. I had a few Kraton explosions from 20-30ft impacts :eek:

Nothing is meant to survive that kind of dead weight falling but the setup has survived 22 jumps so far :p I've added the XO-1 chassis brace & a bumper made out the material of an actual car bumper, TY idiot drivers :p

The truck is set up for 6s right out the box.
No modifications unless you want to bulletproof it (aftermarket parts)

The kraton has 2 plugs for you letting you choose between two 3s packs or one 6s. It has a connector for the other plug if you just want the single 6s.

I got the 2 of these 3s with the xt90 already soldered on.
A lot of people have mixed opinions about this battery due to some of them puffing. Idk if they are charging them to fast or what but I have had zero problems with mine and run them every day. I have probably 30 runs on them so far.
View attachment 14726 View attachment 14727 View attachment 14728

I run the same batteries, and I've even dented the crap out of one and it's fine. The top cell is only 2 hundredths off of the others consistently.

They push pretty hard about 17 runs in

I consider truggies are a mix between a monster truck and racing buggy on steriods, but the new Kraton is even more like a monster truck. It can go everywhere a MT can, but is better handling, lighter, faster, and especially inportant, way easier to work on.

I've always been into monster trucks, because they look nice and are more car-like than others, but Kraton sounds so good I have to get into this truggy business. :)

I have a set of V3 springs I'm going to throw on my Outcast. As for the Kraton, I like to superman jump it so it needs the stiffest & highest suspension I can give it so it doesn't bottom out on the ramp or when it comes falling to earth. I had a few Kraton explosions from 20-30ft impacts :eek:

What springs do you use for the Kraton? I saw some spring upgrades (70, 75, 76, 84 mm with different... stiffness I guess), but don't have the slightest idea what to get. I don't want it to bottom out on jumps (not gonna fly it eitheir - I've got quads for that ;) ), but will jump every once in a while.

I've always been into monster trucks, because they look nice and are more car-like than others, but Kraton sounds so good I have to get into this truggy business. :)

What springs do you use for the Kraton? I saw some spring upgrades (70, 75, 76, 84 mm with different... stiffness I guess), but don't have the slightest idea what to get. I don't want it to bottom out on jumps (not gonna fly it eitheir - I've got quads for that ;) ), but will jump every once in a while.

I believe it is just the older V1/V2 Kraton owners that might be upgrading their springs, as the new Kraton has all new springs on it making it sit quite high. The new springs included on the Kraton I believe are Arrma's longest & stiffest springs yet & stiffer/longer than all their optional springs. It sits quite high for a truggy & considered a monster truggy. So no need to upgrade, I don't think. However, some of the more experienced Kraton owners maybe able to advise better.

I was also going to put taller Backflips on my new Kraton for even more ground clearance, but they are on backorder, as many Arrma parts seem to be until early-mid Feb? I guess I won't wait anymore for the Backflips & some other backorder parts I was waiting for, so finally going to have them send out my new Talion & Kraton on Monday. Can't wait any longer...

The V3 Kraton needs nothing. I just took a once over on mine, it's been in the box for a few days. I'm trying to make time for it today but the weather is awful. The springs are incredible. They are just as thick as the springs on the V3 Talion & much longer than the V1/V2. The shock actually don't need to be wined down completely. I'm going to put the XO-1 chassis brace on it & leave it stock. I have an extra set of backflips it can wear. This is still one of the best RTRs you can buy.

Sounds good! I placed the order yesterday. :) This is a bit off-topic, but seeing we've already started talking about upgrades... Nearly all of the main parts are already steel/aluminum, but I'm still thinking about doing minor upgrades, like replacing the plastic servo mount with an aluminum one. Also aluminum rear/front chassis braces might be useful. Maybe I'll try aluminum front/rear arms too. GPM seems to make nice aluminum parts. Don't know about the quality though. I'm really not that much into upgades, I just want something that works and is easy to fix. Yet another reason why Kraton is perfect for a lazy no-upgrader like me - no need to upgrade, but you can make simple upgrades if you want to! Anyway. Back to refreshing the order page until it says "Shipped". :D

I would stay away from aluminum arms when it comes to bashers. They WILL bend instead of break, rip out bulkhead & diff boxes, bend shock mounts, & break shock shafts cause they don't give enough. Plus aluminum is heavy & even GPM sometimes have holes drilled off.

Servo & alu mount, alu chassis braces. These are really the only things one should worry about.

Backflips boost ride height but with V2 shocks my rear end would not bottom out.
Make sure both ends do!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back