Just bought a Nero and not sure if its diff brain or not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HectorLT

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello everyone, as I mentioned I'm not sure if my nero has the diff brain option or not since I found it in a garage sell. Is there anyway to tell without turning it on and turning the dial on the remote? I also have the original remote.

Any help is appreciated, I'm currently charging some 3s batteries to put them in and test drive this baby.

Check for small red Servo at each diff.
arad71_image15_1010.jpg

Nice find at a yard sale. What is the condition and price you paid out of curiosity?

the easiest way i ID brain-diff vs a non brain-diff is the body. brain-diff had blue bodies and non brain-diff were green. that's not always the case though, the previous owner may have changed bodies.

second easiest is pull the body, look down at it from the top and look for this wire. I circled it in red. it's the servo wire for the rear diff. if you look closer throughout the truck, you'll notice three of these wires; one to each servo. If they're no there it's a non diff-brain
nero_id.jpg

either way brain-diff vs non brain-diff, they're still a blast. you could always add the brain-diff.

i'm curios too, what condition is it in? what you pay?

Hello everyone, as I mentioned I'm not sure if my nero has the diff brain option or not since I found it in a garage sell. Is there anyway to tell without turning it on and turning the dial on the remote? I also have the original remote.

Any help is appreciated, I'm currently charging some 3s batteries to put them in and test drive this baby.
The Original remote has a dial on it that shows which diff you can lock. There are 4 conversions. Easiest way to determine if it’s a Brain diff.
image.jpg

^ non-diff brain models came with that same remote. the dial just did absolutely nothing since they had no diff brain.

diff brain was an add-on option for the non-diff brain models. you just had to purchase the servos and diff-brain unit separately, install, and bind to the remote. so having that dial on the remote doesn't necessarily distinguish a diff brain vs a non-diff brain

^ non-diff brain models came with that same remote. the dial just did absolutely nothing since they had no diff brain.

diff brain was an add-on option for the non-diff brain models. you just had to purchase the servos and diff-brain unit separately, install, and bind to the remote. so having that dial on the remote doesn't necessarily distinguish a diff brain vs a non-diff brain[/

open up the receiver box and see if there is a brain diff board that the wires go to each diff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back