Just bought a new Fazon.

Supersingular

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
Hello everyone.

I'm new to the world of practically-unlimited-powered-RCs, even though I've owned six other RC cars from more than a decade ago.

Recently, I began to realize electric RC cars' tech has improved so much over the last decade, that I was absolutely out of the loop in terms of the evolution of brushless motors, LiPo batteries, smart chargers, remote locking diffs and so on.

Researching, I found that Arrma has the best RC cars out there, along with disrupting/pioneering technology, for that matter I just spent a significant amount of money on the Fazon, 2x3s 5200 mA batteries plus the smart charger, and I've seen how easily somebody can mess things up playing with such a high power. My concerns go from exploiting batteries to blown transmissions, and for that matter; is there any tip you know you were definitely taught the wrong way? I'd appreciate any suggestion for somebody who's coming back to the hobby with great lack of knowledge in this regard.

I have many questions such as:

Should I stop the throttle while in the air?

Should I warm up the car before really pulling the trigger on it?

Can I keep changing batteries and play for how long until the car overheats?

Is there a way to upgrade pieces for stronger or beefier than the ones on the Fazon?

Which upgrade would you consider worthy and why?

Is there any legal concern in terms of playing in public parks in the U.S.?

What's the best way to get replacement parts for Arrma RC cars? LHS, Amazon, or any other source?

Should I balance the charge on my batteries every time I charge them?

What is the actual and most important difference between the Nero, the Nero Big Rock, the Kraton, the Outcast and the Fazon? It's kind of hard for me to tell a major difference, but then again, I'm not an experienced person in this regard.

Tomorrow I'll be receiving the delivery of my Fazon, thank you in advance for the tips! I'll keep posting pictures of my adventures.

Maxxwrecker07

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello everyone.

I'm new to the world of practically-unlimited-powered-RCs, even though I've owned six other RC cars from more than a decade ago.

Recently, I began to realize electric RC cars' tech has improved so much over the last decade, that I was absolutely out of the loop in terms of the evolution of brushless motors, LiPo batteries, smart chargers, remote locking diffs and so on.

Researching, I found that Arrma has the best RC cars out there, along with disrupting/pioneering technology, for that matter I just spent a significant amount of money on the Fazon, 2x3s 5200 mA batteries plus the smart charger, and I've seen how easily somebody can mess things up playing with such a high power. My concerns go from exploiting batteries to blown transmissions, and for that matter; is there any tip you know you were definitely taught the wrong way? I'd appreciate any suggestion for somebody who's coming back to the hobby with great lack of knowledge in this regard.

I have many questions such as:

Should I stop the throttle while in the air?
No, you should "feather it" to keep it as level as possible. This takes practice!

Should I warm up the car before really pulling the trigger on it?
Not sure what you're asking here, but parts break less in warm weather than they do cold

Can I keep changing batteries and play for how long until the car overheats?
Yes. In my world I break something before the batteries go out!

Is there a way to upgrade pieces for stronger or beefier than the ones on the Fazon?
HD driveshafts found in the Big Rock are an upgrade, but people still break those. Shock ends are another big one that has been upgraded on the BR.

Which upgrade would you consider worthy and why?
SERVO! Stock one isn't the strongest.

Is there any legal concern in terms of playing in public parks in the U.S.?
I hope not! That's where I prefer to bash.

What's the best way to get replacement parts for Arrma RC cars? LHS, Amazon, or any other source?
EBay or Tower.

Should I balance the charge on my batteries every time I charge them?
Absolutely!

What is the actual and most important difference between the Nero, the Nero Big Rock, the Kraton, the Outcast and the Fazon? It's kind of hard for me to tell a major difference, but then again, I'm not an experienced person in this regard.
Nero, Big Rock, and Fazon are the same platform. The Kraton and Outcast are a different platform. I guess you could look up pics of both "families" to identify the differences. They are very different.

Tomorrow I'll be receiving the delivery of my Fazon, thank you in advance for the tips! I'll keep posting pictures of my adventures.

Welcome! I've answered your questions above in BOLD. Click to expand the quoted text! Happy bashing!