Senton Just bought a senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erawtik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I was going to get the kraton just cause of all the fun I had with monster trucks. A friend bought the best slash he could get and tried to get me to get the same but I didn't want the same thing everyone else has. One reason we went with this type of truck was yes the revo and tmaxx we had in the past was fun but they where wheelie monsters, so we wanted same fun but without all the wheelies. Is this truck not as popular considering the forum is pretty slow? What about aftermarket parts I'm not seeing much of any is there any or will there be? And does this truck share the same parts as any others?

You aren't kidding about the Senton forum being slow. Same for the Raider. Nero and Outcast is where the action is.

Also, check your rear bumper and the side extensions. I lost one of mine on the first run. Pain in the rear to reinstall with supplied tools. And cover the wheel holes if you running in the wet. Learned the hard way on that one too.

I was going to get the kraton just cause of all the fun I had with monster trucks. A friend bought the best slash he could get and tried to get me to get the same but I didn't want the same thing everyone else has. One reason we went with this type of truck was yes the revo and tmaxx we had in the past was fun but they where wheelie monsters, so we wanted same fun but without all the wheelies. Is this truck not as popular considering the forum is pretty slow? What about aftermarket parts I'm not seeing much of any is there any or will there be? And does this truck share the same parts as any others?
The Kraton, Senton, Talion and Typhon are very very similar vehicles with the same or very similar designs, chassis and shocks and everything. On that note the Outcast is very similar to them as well. So most tips and advice and everything found in those sections of the forum will apply to the Senton as well I would say. But yes for the most part the Nero/Big Rock/Fazon and Outcast sections are more talkative as they are the newest Arrma vehicles.

Seems the kraton forum gets a lot of love as well. Kinda strange since iv gotten back into rc i see more sc trucks than mt, which is why I figured this forum would be popping since it is arrmas best sc truck.

Annoying thing I cannot get an update on shipping to see where it is at, it says received shipping info I really hate usps for shipping. I ordered the senton from tower cause they are one state over from me which is the Illinois shop and I get stuff in 2 days. Well I did not know they had another in Arizona otherwise I might of paid for faster shipping. I ordered a pair of batteries from hobbytown which was coming from cali and they used usps and it shows they Are on the way and will be here Thursday. This was all ordered at the same time Sunday night.

You aren't kidding about the Senton forum being slow. Same for the Raider. Nero and Outcast is where the action is.

Also, check your rear bumper and the side extensions. I lost one of mine on the first run. Pain in the rear to reinstall with supplied tools. And cover the wheel holes if you running in the wet. Learned the hard way on that one too.

The Senton is an awesome SC truck plenty fast and built to take a beating.
As far as the rear bumper and side body guards,the factory screws are about a 1/2" too
short and should be replace or they'll fall off after a few hard flips.

Well got it along with a pair of 3s 5000 50c batteries. I took it over to a buddies who has a slash ultimate and his gets around in the yard so much better so I think I'll be going with some badlands this weekend. I only ran it for mabey 10 mins but I love it so far now I think I'm going to get another. I came from nitros from 10 years ago and it was great but messing with the motors got old. Seeing the ass end squat and start sliding a bit is a great site.

Well got it along with a pair of 3s 5000 50c batteries. I took it over to a buddies who has a slash ultimate and his gets around in the yard so much better so I think I'll be going with some badlands this weekend. I only ran it for mabey 10 mins but I love it so far now I think I'm going to get another. I came from nitros from 10 years ago and it was great but messing with the motors got old. Seeing the ass end squat and start sliding a bit is a great site.
Yeah the stock Senton tires aren't all that great,I put some Duratrax Lockup's on mine...HUGE difference!
CIMG3581.JPG

Yeah, I went with some belted Maxxis tires on mine. Big improvement in traction.

IMG_0859.JPG

And that is the reason i just bought my Senton.. i was originally looking at the Tmaxx 3.3. since i used to own the 2.5... years ago.. and i haven't been in the hobby in a long time.. the Tmaxx was a fluke.. Im hate messing with air mixtures on nitros..

Since you just bought your Senton.. have you had to grease anything ? I swore someone told me in a traxxas forum that you have to grease the diff .. but in the manual is shows a grease icon but i don't see where.

And that is the reason i just bought my Senton.. i was originally looking at the Tmaxx 3.3. since i used to own the 2.5... years ago.. and i haven't been in the hobby in a long time.. the Tmaxx was a fluke.. Im hate messing with air mixtures on nitros..

Since you just bought your Senton.. have you had to grease anything ? I swore someone told me in a traxxas forum that you have to grease the diff .. but in the manual is shows a grease icon but i don't see where.

I hope I wasn't suppose to I been running it hard for the last few days, one of them trips was the skate park keeping it to 10 foot or so jumps for now till I get comfortable. I did change the stock tires to the lockouts premounted, and I did get a set of 2.8 trenchers but didn't tape them and they rubbed the body bad and ballooned so I'm boiling them now. I did raise my body post to max and tightened the shock springs hoping that I'll be able to use the trenchers.

I hope I wasn't suppose to I been running it hard for the last few days, one of them trips was the skate park keeping it to 10 foot or so jumps for now till I get comfortable. I did change the stock tires to the lockouts premounted, and I did get a set of 2.8 trenchers but didn't tape them and they rubbed the body bad and ballooned so I'm boiling them now. I did raise my body post to max and tightened the shock springs hoping that I'll be able to use the trenchers.

Will you humor me on the "trenchers" im going to guess and say those are Pro line tires.. they sound like something they would name their tires..ill have to look for them.. What size is the senton rim and tire so i can look at tower.. I have my senton but realized i bought deans connector batteries from SMC-Racing and not the at90 connectors.. So a hobby store i must goto tom.. and i live an hr from my closet LHS..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back