Senton Just bought my first Arrma: Senton 4x4 mega tho I have a question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zantiszar

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello! So my current question bought new today and headed out to run it with my son and his Traxxas slash. Ran it thru 2 Lipos both in which the Senton stopped and had a red flashing light on the ESC. I thought maybe it eats battery faster than my sons Slash since the Senton is 4x4 drive. He gets usually 15-25 min runs with the same battery I was using on the Arrma. Then I started reading about how they suffer with the ESC overheating and such and well I guess mine is doing it?

Is there at all any fix or help with this issue cause I love the Senton but I don't want to step up to a brushless system cause that usually means changing out more parts then what I want. Have read that maybe a fan on the ESC might help or just changing out the ESC to another brushed ESC would work.

Get a dual 30mm fan for the motor and take a 40mm fan and zip tie it to the ESC
Should Blink for LVC
Hmm if it does blink for the LVC now its got me thinking Maybe I give it a few runs tomorrow, the place where we were running was mostly grass. but If its indeed LVC then I'm not worried one of the batteries from the Senton clocked in at 7.0 volts so that would be 3.5 volts per lipo close to where it auto cuts off. Maybe I'm just being paranoid and the Senton does indeed eat batteries faster than the Slash. Welp know that I know the LVC flashes is there a way of knowing if its LVC or thermal do they blink differently ? (sorry for so many questions but I'm just worried about buyers remorse :( when I do love the little Senton a lot)

Hmm if it does blink for the LVC now its got me thinking Maybe I give it a few runs tomorrow, the place where we were running was mostly grass. but If its indeed LVC then I'm not worried one of the batteries from the Senton clocked in at 7.0 volts so that would be 3.5 volts per lipo close to where it auto cuts off. Maybe I'm just being paranoid and the Senton does indeed eat batteries faster than the Slash. Welp know that I know the LVC flashes is there a way of knowing if its LVC or thermal do they blink differently ? (sorry for so many questions but I'm just worried about buyers remorse :( when I do love the little Senton a lot)
I’d say if it’s at 3.5 that’s plenty low for cutoff. Get a couple batteries and have fun. I still would recommend as running multiple batteries one after another will cause heat problems.
Make sure you put old window screen over the fans to stop debris and pieces of grass getting in and breaking the fans

I’d say if it’s at 3.5 that’s plenty low for cutoff. Get a couple batteries and have fun. I still would recommend as running multiple batteries one after another will cause heat problems.
Make sure you put old window screen over the fans to stop debris and pieces of grass getting in and breaking the fans
agreed there well then thanks to you I will be able to go sleep better lol. Yeah will def run same batteries thru it to make sure as for the fans it will be on to do list since I know from computers Colder running usually is better ill slap on a heatsink I have from another RC car on the engine meantime will I see if its thermal issue or not :D

Found this https://www.rcplanet.com/radio-syst...Z0IHo9SR3G0oROP5y9hx1llf27bDRyVxoC4ScQAvD_BwE

Should be a direct replacement if it is indeed the ESC having issues

Update just ran a small 2s lipo 1500mah hit the LVC blinking red, motor and esc barely warm running on the road. Brought it in turned it off and on again ran it for a minute inside the house hard acceleration and hard stops. Esc got decently warm and hit LVC again. Repeated and instantly hit LVC.

Plugged the lipo on the charger and both cells are reading at 3.53V sooo this ESC has a super high LVC isnt bad cause it wont kill my batteries but sucks a bit cause run times go down. Also noticed the thing that warms up quick the ESC is hard stops normal running was barely warm.

Update just ran a small 2s lipo 1500mah hit the LVC blinking red, motor and esc barely warm running on the road. Brought it in turned it off and on again ran it for a minute inside the house hard acceleration and hard stops. Esc got decently warm and hit LVC again. Repeated and instantly hit LVC.

Plugged the lipo on the charger and both cells are reading at 3.53V sooo this ESC has a super high LVC isnt bad cause it wont kill my batteries but sucks a bit cause run times go down. Also noticed the thing that warms up quick the ESC is hard stops normal running was barely warm.
That lvc isn’t high at at IMO. The reason your run time is tiny is because that battery is for drones. Go buy a 5000mah 2s lipo and you’ll have plenty of run time

That lvc isn’t high at IMO. The reason your run time is tiny is because that battery is for drones. Go buy a 5000mah 2s lipo and you’ll have plenty of run time
Oh I got 5 5200mah 50c 2s lipos. And yeah I guess it isn't that high was used to normally see batteries at 6.7-8volts after running them. Well my sons slash goes that low cause he completely ignores the 40% slowdown when at close to LVC XD.

Update yet again ran one of those lipos for 13 mins straight now something that made a huge difference was setting the throttle rate to 50% so unless you floored it won't be going full power. this helped a lot because I barely have to brake when going into a corner now and less braking means less heat on the ESC.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back