Talion Just bought one and want some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nola_jack

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
So, I snagged a Talion for dirt cheap as my first entry into arrma. I’ve ordered a servo mount, new servo from Dave, front bumper, and wheelie bar.

Anything else I should do to this thing before I put it in the dirt?

So, I snagged a Talion for dirt cheap as my first entry into arrma. I’ve ordered a servo mount, new servo from Dave, front bumper, and wheelie bar.

Anything else I should do to this thing before I put it in the dirt?
Check all the screws and make sure it wasn’t built on a Friday. If it has an STX2 radio, replace it ASAP.

If its used maby bearings

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Arrma Forum family @Nola_jack. You might consider some aluminum chassis braces as well.

And forgive my ignorance, but the body for the V3 and V4 are the same, correct?

Awesome, thank you Mr. Duke.

Check all the screws and make sure it wasn’t built on a Friday. If it has an STX2 radio, replace it ASAP.

It is coming with the STX2, I’m considering keeping it fora while for the 50% throttle. This is obviously a huge step up from my previous RC(a brushed rustler), so I think it would be good for both myself and my boys.

Also... Be prepared to buy diff oils, some good quality hex bits, a decent soldering iron, vent your tyres properly.. and do a forum search before attempting to fit any new parts or maintain it.... because Arrma use some pretty hardcore loctite on certain items and we don't want you to strip your hex bolts etc like we did.. ;)

Also... Be prepared to buy diff oils, some good quality hex bits, a decent soldering iron, vent your tyres properly.. and do a forum search before attempting to fit any new parts or maintain it.... because Arrma use some pretty hardcore loctite on certain items and we don't want you to strip your hex bolts etc like we did.. ;)

I’m sure I’ll have lots of dumb questions.

As far as venting tires goes, I don’t have any small tubing, but I’ve got plenty of drill bits. My question is, if I heat the bit on a stove burner, will that be too hot to drill the rubber, maybe boiling water, cigarette lighter? How hot does the bit need to be or is there really a too hot?

I’m sure I’ll have lots of dumb questions.

As far as venting tires goes, I don’t have any small tubing, but I’ve got plenty of drill bits. My question is, if I heat the bit on a stove burner, will that be too hot to drill the rubber, maybe boiling water, cigarette lighter? How hot does the bit need to be or is there really a too hot?
Hotter the better

I personally use a piece of antenna from a old FM radio. But I would think if you got a drill bit hot enough to melt rubber with ease that would work also. I have never tried that method before but I would think that would work just fine.

A soldering iron with a fine tip would be ideal but if you don't have one I'd try using a gas cooker flame on a 2-3mm drill bit.
You could try a lighter, just not sure it would get hot enough unless it was a jet flame lighter though..

Make sure it’s a fresh sharp bit and get it as hot as you can. Do one hole, if it works well, heat it back up, do another, repeat.

A soldering iron with a fine tip would be ideal but if you don't have one I'd try using a gas cooker flame on a 2-3mm drill bit.
You could try a lighter, just not sure it would get hot enough unless it was a jet flame lighter though..

Ahhh, I think I’ve got a soldering iron around somewhere. I’ll have to go digging in my garage.

I have a piece of brass tubing that may be 3/16"? I put it in my drill chuck and used a box cutter knife to sharpen from the inside. When I vent tires I start the drill and push it through about 1/8". The brass is soft enough to sharpen with stainless blade.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back