Granite Just bought the Granite BLX 4x4!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capon3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Wow! This truck is a beast! I didn't get much time on dirt/grass as where I took it out the first time was mostly pavement. But this truck tears up the pavement! I'm going to get into trouble with this truck, which brings me here.

What are the parts on this truck that usually can use an upgrade or spares I should keep an eye out for? Also are there many upgradable parts out there? If so what site is best?

Thanks ahead for the help!

I love mine too. I'd recommend upgrading the A-arms or having another set on hand and definitely upgrade the front bumper. That's the weak spot. Other then that the stock shocks are weak too. After that you should be all set for quite a while.

I agree... some backup A-arms is a good idea. I ordered the T-bone bumper about a week ago (still waiting for it to arrive) but don't see the value in the rear. https://tboneracing.net/collections/granite-4x4
I have only had mine for about 3 weeks and have not broken anything YET. The front right shock leaked completely out on my second time driving it and the front left leaked on the third time driving it. Not impressed w/that at all. There is an entire thread on here devoted to the shocks. Many rec the Typhon shocks but good luck finding a pair and they aren't cheap. Overall I am really enjoying the truck!

I'm a Granite fanboi. I think it's such a fantastic truck that is super easy to work on. I have the T-bone front bumper on mine but not the rear because a) I don't think it's needed and b) the wheelie portion is useless. I own 4 of the 1/10 scale trucks and the shocks are hit and miss. I've had them leak and I just refill them. I do run the Typhon 6s shocks on my Granite but that's because I tend to send that one the most. The biggest weak spot for me are the wheel driveshafts. I have had them come apart at the U-joint at least a dozen times. I have the metal ones on pre-order but they won't be available for another month or so (fingers crossed). They aren't cheap either but if I added up all I have spent of replacing the stock ones, I think they would work out to be cheaper.

Yeah this truck is awesome. I can't even drive my Stampede 4x4 anymore, it kinda feels ancient compared to the Granite. Only thing that is really frustrating me is the battery connector keeps getting unplugged whenever I hit anything head-on. I can't keep getting up, walking over to the truck, taking off the body, and reconnecting the plugs every damn time for maybe 9 or 10 times each time I use the truck. I either have to buy a different adapter or tape the connectors together which is still gonna be a hassle.

I'm a Granite fanboi. I think it's such a fantastic truck that is super easy to work on. I have the T-bone front bumper on mine but not the rear because a) I don't think it's needed and b) the wheelie portion is useless. I own 4 of the 1/10 scale trucks and the shocks are hit and miss. I've had them leak and I just refill them. I do run the Typhon 6s shocks on my Granite but that's because I tend to send that one the most. The biggest weak spot for me are the wheel driveshafts. I have had them come apart at the U-joint at least a dozen times. I have the metal ones on pre-order but they won't be available for another month or so (fingers crossed). They aren't cheap either but if I added up all I have spent of replacing the stock ones, I think they would work out to be cheaper.

Could you provide a link to the metal drive shafts? That sounds like something I need

Yeah this truck is awesome. I can't even drive my Stampede 4x4 anymore, it kinda feels ancient compared to the Granite. Only thing that is really frustrating me is the battery connector keeps getting unplugged whenever I hit anything head-on. I can't keep getting up, walking over to the truck, taking off the body, and reconnecting the plugs every damn time for maybe 9 or 10 times each time I use the truck. I either have to buy a different adapter or tape the connectors together which is still gonna be a hassle.

Are you using the ec5 connectors ? Or something different ?

Woah those look like the real deal. $80 for a set though man.... my duramax needs ball joints and I’m spending more money on RC parts
they are pricier than most parts, but mostly unbreakable!! the stock ones will give out eventually for sure.

I love mine too. I'd recommend upgrading the A-arms or having another set on hand and definitely upgrade the front bumper. That's the weak spot. Other then that the stock shocks are weak too. After that you should be all set for quite a while.
if you break a front a arm you can buy a traaxas arm that 98% fits. they are super tough and make great back-ups. just need to drill out the ends a tiny bit to receive body/hub assembly pins.

Attachments

• 20190120_193942.jpg
    20190120_193942.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 36
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back