Kraton Just brought a New Traxxas XMAX ( Orange ) and waiting on the new Truck coming out soon from Arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryKnicker

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
  3. Outcast 6s
I read through Traxxas and Arrma forum they don't suggest Traxxas battery. Looking for 6S Lipo
what the best battery and charger? can you send Link?

Last edited:
I read through Traxxas and Arrma forum they don't suggest Traxxas battery. Looking for 6S Lipo
what the best battery and charger? can you send Link?
The best is subjective, you will get 100 different answers. Here is what I use from SMC racing. www.smc-racing.net
20190810_191118.jpg
20190518_205756.jpg

If you use 2x 4s it's possible to drive with less power by adjusting the power on the remote.

If you are used to 6s, you have to buy new batteries to go faster= more expensive in the end

There is a lot of good lipos for 1/2 of the price of a traxxas lipo with rly lo
If you use 2x 4s it's possible to drive with less power by adjusting the power on the remote.

If you are used to 6s, you have to buy new batteries to go faster= more expensive in the end
yeah buts the tqi not the easiest thing to do unfortunatly

Can I used 2 of these this on traxxas Xmax? Will it burn anything out?
I don't own the Xmaxx, but if it's a 8s truck you can run 2-4s lipos, if it's a 6s truck, 2-3s lipos. You won't burn anything out as long as you use the correct voltage lipos. You have to get the correct size lipos to fit the X batery tray or trays. Like I said don't own the X so don't know how many trays they have. I know the Erevo 2 has 2 trays so u can't run a single 6s pack if I'm correct. Go here www.smc- racing.net to see what's correct for the X, or email them. The guys they are cool and can help get you the right packs. Stay away from Traxxas lipos, they are junk IMO and only rated at 25C.

Correct, the mAh is like the 'gas tank' of your battery. The bigger the mAh, the battery will be larger so check the dimensions to make sure it will still fit. You won't burn up anything with a bigger battery, but of course electronics heat up during driving. The longer you drive at one go, there is the possibility it will overheat the speed controller/ motor etc. Smart thing to have a temp gun with you to make sure temps stay under control.

A good system should not overheat in my book if your running a resonable gearing my 4s motor i can bash for 1 hour and i can still touch the motor with my fingers without butning myself
The only way you can burn something up is if your running a low Mah and low C rating lipo the lipo will just puff up under use bcause it cant deliver what the esc is asking for. keep in my the xmaxx esc had report of burning up so keep an eye on that thing. Or better get a max 6 esc who can deliver more power than the stock esc who acts more like a resistor.

Is the higher the mAh means it can bash longer? If I get something higher then 9400mAh will it burn anything up?
Yes higher mah, the longer you can bash. Look at it like a bigger fuel tank in your car. No you will not burn anything up with anything higher. Higher Mah doesn't have anything to do with burning anything up, but with higher mah lipos and continued running will bring more heat on your electronics. So try to stay around 5000 mah for your packs. Those high mah packs will tend to bring on more heat before you can use them up, so stay around 5000 or so.

And going to cost u less in the long run if one dsy your high mah lipo dies main reason i buy cheap lipos even cheap lipos i don't want them to die lol

Another thing I forgot to mention, those big packs weight a ton, and with 2 large packs, you get the message.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back