Infraction Just brought the v2 infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phaserguy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hay peeps Iv just gone an brought the infraction V2 with the intentions of using this as a bit of a project looking to hit the 130/140 mark looking at a couple motors what have you guys found which don’t burn out and kill everything in the process Iv been told to stay away from castle and stick with hobby wing what’s your thoughts?

Castle and TP motors are my two go-to manufacturers. There's nothing wrong with Castle motors. Quite the contrary actually. The only recurring problem I'm aware of (this isn't saying that there might not be others that I'm just not aware of) are the rotors of the 1717 which have a disproportionate reputation for delaminating and grenading the rotor. Full disclosure, I haven't used HW motors as I prefer Castle ESCs.

Castle and TP motors are my two go-to manufacturers. There's nothing wrong with Castle motors. Quite the contrary actually. The only recurring problem I'm aware of (this isn't saying that there might not be others that I'm just not aware of) are the rotors of the 1717 which have a disproportionate reputation for delaminating and grenading the rotor. Full disclosure, I haven't used HW motors as I prefer Castle ESCs.
I’d listen to Diem among a few other of us. Your going to need to upgrade a bit before even attempting 130/140 along with practicing.

Hay peeps Iv just gone an brought the infraction V2 with the intentions of using this as a bit of a project looking to hit the 130/140 mark looking at a couple motors what have you guys found which don’t burn out and kill everything in the process Iv been told to stay away from castle and stick with hobby wing what’s your thoughts?
I love using castle stuff, nice to run sensored, especially if you're running big motor and gears

I’d do some more ESC research before you buy a Hobbywing for speed running.
I’m only going by what someone told me to be quite honest i don’t mind throwing some decent cash at it the castles have definitely been drowning my attention I’m just asking y’all guy’s opinions this guy only runs traxxas and I don’t really see him doing many upgrades apart from the odd replacements

A lot of the guys on YouTube run Castle motors (in addition to TP Power, etc) in the high 100's. I occasionally see some of them running a HW can, but I almost never see them run a HW ESC.

A lot of the guys on YouTube run Castle motors (in addition to TP Power, etc) in the high 100's. I occasionally see some of them running a HW can, but I almost never see them run a HW ESC.
Yeh Iv never ever noticed that either tbh I’m gonna stick with a tp or either a castle I’ll take a trip to my local shop tomorrow

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back