Kraton Just enough servo for bashing the Kraton EXB ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackka

Reaction score
Hi, all.

After having such a great time with the new Big Rock, I decided I would get the Kraton EXB too, so that my wife and I can bash together. :p

Currently trying to narrow down my options in the servo for the EXB. Does having over 25kg-cm or 300 oz-in of torque, or less than that, actually make a noticeable difference while bashing? I don't have much personal experience in trying different specs of servos, but theoretically I can't see what advantage having more torque than is enough to turn direction of the tires while running would have. Same thing with servo speed. I've seen a video where a pretty popular RC Youtuber puts a Reef's RC 444 servo, which has 0.10-0.11 sec / 60 degrees, in the EXB and says after wiggling the steering that it's almost too fast for bashing and he should look to turn it down a little.

I could get something like the triple 444 and be done knowing that there's way more torque and speed than I can put to good use bashing, but am curious what spec/price of a servo is actually close to the optimal sweet spot for bashing. You know, the point of performance over which the money spent will not have much meaning? Perhaps those of you who have more experience in using different servos than me can chime in with your thoughts?

I have own 6 million servos in my life and have given then all an honest chance. Some more then once. You can go cheap with an Amazon servo at around $40 or my go to all around is the savox 1210. Yeah its $100 but you can rebuild the gears for $15 I have never had 1 burn up on me.... as long as end points are set correct...... 300oz and .10 to .15 speed is all you really need. Dual ball bearings and all steel gears is a must. At the minimum

I have own 6 million servos in my life and have given then all an honest chance. Some more then once. You can go cheap with an Amazon servo at around $40 or my go to all around is the savox 1210. Yeah its $100 but you can rebuild the gears for $15 I have never had 1 burn up on me.... as long as end points are set correct...... 300oz and .10 to .15 speed is all you really need. Dual ball bearings and all steel gears is a must. At the minimum

Ah, much appreciated info. Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back