Just finished rebuilding a 6S Kraton; stock servo shockingly bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
I got a good deal on 6S Kraton from Justoon420 and replaced most of the stock electronics.
Futaba 304SB
Hobbywing Max6
Hobbywing 4985 1650
EXB chassis
front bumper
EXB brace bars
20T Pinion
skyRC GC301 servo
took it for the maiden voyage yesterday and on 4S it's surprisingly fast. However stock servo turns like a turd and can't hold turns worth dog dooty. I thought that it might be stability control and so I turned it off. Same thing.
DS3235 the go to offering here? Thinking about the JX or the hobbystar 4717 as well,

6 of my 6s rigs now run AMZ DS3235's. (35kg) $32. From Zoskay. ( there are other AMZ sellers as well for the same servo)
Been through the whole Savox , Hitec and expensive ones.
Years past on the track was a $Futaba$ fanboy as well. For bashing these AMZ servos are great for the buck. Have not broken one yet in 3 years. Cheap enough to replace. Servos are consumables when Bashing hard.
Don't overlook the Servo saver as part of the issue. Should be shimmed in most cases. Especially with Large heavy MT wheels.
Must set your Steering Endpoints properly per the Radio manual. Or you will ruin any new servo. Videos will help if not familiar with this. Need a 25 spline Servo Arm/Horn for this Servo and 99% of upgrade servos. (Stocker is 23 spline). I always use the 25 spl. Arrma Horn. Proper fitting.
The DS3235 servo comes with a nice Alloy clamping Arm, but I find it has the wrong profile. I couldn't use it.
New Servo and shimming the SS will make the rig better dialed and controllable. A 35kg servo is a minimum for 6s bashing IMHO. Stocker servos have half the torque.
Stocker Servo is lame. Always is . Most RTR rigs out the box. No matter the brand.
There is also a DS3235 PRO model. For only few $$ more. Never tried it.
@parcou had a thread in regards.
:cool:

Last edited:
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/servo-horn-metal-25t-aluminum-red/ARAC8871.html
D3DCC346-6BC7-40CA-89BE-A954FCFD5191.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088NTKRHN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
6612F76E-68EF-4374-AA06-FA20B1B8FA94.png

I use these on my servo saver

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079D2Y6J5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
982E090C-3EF0-4293-9A5E-18E3414937E6.png

all things I used to tighten up and make my kraton exb steer much better
And I replaced my steering bushings with these bearings
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TBT45J3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
042C7805-BA9A-4EF6-978C-12AEF981F493.png

Last edited:
I was checking the turning with the wheels on the ground while the car was stationary and I can see the servo saver is flexing so that's a significant part of the problem. Car is seriously undriveable out of the box because the stock steering radius is like 400 feet out of the box, lol....
Anyway, have a DS3235 and a DS3235 pro on the way.

3 is real hard to get on lol, at least for me. You can also just buy an adjustable servo saver, basherqueen and hot racing both make one. I bought a basherqueen one for my Talion XL but haven't installed it yet. The clips actually work really well, even with just 2 of them it makes a really big difference. Tbh just adding a few clips even makes the stock servo seem not THAT bad.

Try 2 add another if it still feels loose it’s a feel thing I use 3
And have added a 4th to one rig
+1
2-3 is where I usually end up.
But too many more or Too much SS Spring Preload ( spring almost fully compressed and locked out at some point) will make the OE Plastic SS split and crack with impacts. Even damaging the Steering Links/turn buckles. Been there.
The X-Hard SS spring swap is probably best IMHO. And some of us will even add one circlip to it depending on the rig/tires used.

Last edited:
3 is real hard to get on lol, at least for me. You can also just buy an adjustable servo saver, basherqueen and hot racing both make one. I bought a basherqueen one for my Talion XL but haven't installed it yet. The clips actually work really well, even with just 2 of them it makes a really big difference. Tbh just adding a few clips even makes the stock servo seem not THAT bad.
installing the clips weren't too bad since I bought the pliers. Is it normal for a washer/shim to already be installed?

installing the clips weren't too bad since I bought the pliers. Is it normal for a washer/shim to already be installed?
Yea there is like 1 black thing there already.

They don't ever center correctly and the specs are grossly inflated. I got rid of mine and moved to futaba and promodeler.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back