Infraction Just found this video. Infraction tires...thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk3000

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Voltage
So doing my normal browsing today and found this aussie who designed these long(er) lasting set of solid tires for bashing pavement.
I have a set of hard rubbers I got off ebay a year back for my 3s typhon and they are still holding up. I see potential

Share some thoughts 🤔

This looks awesome, but for $132 shipped (to my zip code in the US), plus the mach 10 rims (another $23), plus the time required modify the rim, plus the time to glue.... I'll just burn GRP XM7's for now.

It sounds like this guy has been at this for a while, so I'm assuming he's trying to recoup some of his R&D cost. Hopefully he can find a way to bring the cost to a more reasonable level. I hope he keeps it up as it does look very promising!

Last edited:
I have been also following this guy. I was hoping to get a set or 2. But at the cost, it really isn't feasible at this moment. Which kinda sucks.

Interesting....

While I like to have more tire life, hard plastic seems to slide around too much. He was barely able to stop it as it headed towards the car. Braking is also important on this fast rig, especially to prevent an impact. Although stock tires come with a loss, it seems the mix of grip and slip makes the Infraction the rig that it is.

Worth watching and keeping an eye on 🤷‍♂️

I like 'em. They're like a fast version of my drifting tires made from PVC. I only run them on 3S and it's basically slow motion drifting which I find to be an awful lot of fun. You can get a fair bit of speed built up with a judicious use of throttle and then throw it into a controlled 95° slide with a Scandi flick. If you have an old set of rims it's not much trouble to fit some PVC around it and it's just a totally different experience with the same car. Works great with Spektrum's AVC but it's not strictly necessary once you get the hang of controlling the car's angle of attack with the throttle.
1663651527063.png

I'm interested in your PVC tires, what you've described sounds fun. What size pipe are you using and what kind of longevity do get it out of it before you need to replace? Have you ever tried putting regular rubber tires in the front and the PVC drift tires in the back?

I'm interested in your PVC tires, what you've described sounds fun. What size pipe are you using and what kind of longevity do get it out of it before you need to replace? Have you ever tried putting regular rubber tires in the front and the PVC drift tires in the back?
The PVC has an OD of 3.5". The longevity is near infinite. Added up I've used them for 4-5 hours of non-stop drifting and they show no appreciable signs of wear. I can't recall for certain if I tried it with tires up front, but I want to say that I did and came to the conclusion that the only setup I really liked was the PVC on all four corners. But I'm not 100% sure so give it a try.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back