Just got a new set of tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mount

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Just got a set of duratrax hatchet mt so far so good anyone got any input on these I would like the input

From my experience the tires need to either be strapped with fishing line or taped from the inside, they balloon way too much for my liking. I have a set of Duratrax Lockups and even though they are super grippy tires the compound was just too soft and thin to apply any sort of power to them without them turning into insta pizza cutters.

Fishing line never thought of that I got some fire line I'll try that. I just put the tires on and it dose standing back flips easy.
Fishing line never thought of that I got some fire line I'll try that. I just put the tires on and it dose standing back flips easy.
It's a 6s noto

Just got a set of duratrax hatchet mt so far so good anyone got any input on these I would like the input

Duratrax doesn't have much love here. I agree with Slick2500 they are cheap but I like them. I run them on both my 4x4 and have no issues, but I am NOT an experienced RC guy.... Park, construction areas, etc small hills to jump but nothing major at all. They hook up well and yes are soft. They do balloon a lot and I used o-ring bands on mine that hold well I don't see the ballooning while bashing. I am using them on a 3S 4x4, not a 6S. So for my application cool but with more power....it could be a different story

IMG_20200722_214122.jpg

These are the ones I have.not sure how to reinforce them?

View attachment 127277
Best option certainly not the easiest is going to be unmounting the tires from the wheels and taping them from the inside with gorilla tape.

You could still run a thread down the middle, it just wouldn't be a straight line. I have my backflips wrapped crooked and they still don't balloon much at all.
2020-0811-ArrmaBackflip3.8-wrapped.jpg

If the foams in the MT 3.8 tires are anything like the 2.8 foams, they won't last too long. I had the hatchet 2.8's on my eJato and they held up fine, but the foams went really flat after 6 months or so.

Still, that didn't stop me from getting another set of the faze MT 2.8's for my ejato to get some grip that the 2.8 trenchers were really lacking. After the trenchers lost their newness, they were useless in the grass. The faze MT's hook! I was trying to get the stakker MT's, but they weren't in stock when I wanted them.
2020-0717-eJato-DuratraxFazeMT-sideBody.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back