Typhon Just got a solid deal! One issue with the steering though…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibocain23

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Picked up a typhon 6S V5 with remote and 2 spektrum 3S 50c batteries with stock wheels and a set of hoons in good condition for 300$! Guy drove it around the parking lot we met up at some just to show it worked.

I stopped at a parking lot on the way home and just had to have some fun with it. About 5min in the servo acts up and will steer the car left-right a few times and then go back to normal or the steering will lock up. Any ideas?

20E1146A-D79E-49C2-8847-029314BADBE6.jpeg

Good deal.. Hmm, is the servo the factory servo.. sounds like its about to go, or it got wet and held in some moisture!?
Picked up a typhon 6S V5 with remote and 2 spektrum 3S 50c batteries with stock wheels and a set of hoons in good condition for 300$! Guy drove it around the parking lot we met up at some just to show it worked.

I stopped at a parking lot on the way home and just had to have some fun with it. About 5min in the servo acts up and will steer the car left-right a few times and then go back to normal or the steering will lock up. Any ideas?

View attachment 162542

Yea if its acting glitching its prolly about to go.. Id go ahead and pop that bad boy out of there and trash it!!
Any suggested upgrades? I would hate to replace it with another stock one and have the same issue. I also have a K6S and I think it’s the same servo so may as well buy two.

Well.. You will get plenty of suggestions and opinions on this matter!! I went with Power HD!!
Savox, Reedy, Reefs, Hitec, protek.. Honestly spektrum does have some nice ones but they are pricey!!

So here’s my question. How do I know what servo will fit? I’m used to modifying cars where everything is make and model specific. I found a few servos with good reviews on Amazon in the 15-45$ price range. I don’t wanna get all super boujee with this car. Not yet at least. Just want it to work for now.

I’m about to order two of those. Have a K6S and a T6S might as well just do both. So will this servo horn work? And this is all I will need?

C0D09672-C95D-46A5-B998-DB968B22A954.png

So here’s my question. How do I know what servo will fit? I’m used to modifying cars where everything is make and model specific. I found a few servos with good reviews on Amazon in the 15-45$ price range. I don’t wanna get all super boujee with this car. Not yet at least. Just want it to work for now.
What servo is currently in the car? Most standard servos are the same width and length some are shorter or taller though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back