Typhon Just got into the hobby,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Njhessss

Reaction score
I got into the hobby of rcs and my arrma typhon 6s blx are having some major problems like wires braking and sticking out engine getting really hot and the gear messing up and breaking

16491899050992851906445539421820.jpg

16491899248623677138935487646902.jpg

16491900670138857535589960664218.jpg

Welcome and wow, that's a hot mess. The wires splitting going to the motor leads me to believe this thing is getting way too hot and should probably have had a fan or 2 on the motor. What kind of batteries are you running this on? Also tighten up that loose bolt on the motor mount. Was this a car you got used or did you buy it new?

This is hard to look at. Your gear mesh was set way too tight, which probably led to the motor over heating and melting wires. What's the goop on the motor mount? If that tape job was your handiwork don't try and fix this yourself, take it to a hobby shop. You'll need a new pinion and spur at minimum.

Do you have a hobby shop you can get help at? If you do I would take it down and ask for assistance. Don't pay and leave it to be fixed. I would also look up Youtube setting gear mesh, fans, etc.

The v5 6s motors run super hot because the motor timing is too advanced. I sold mine but it hit 209f after a complete 6s 50c pack run in grass. it still worked
fine when I sold it but I was waiting for motor bearing failure. Don’t know why Arrma didn’t equip them with fans from the factory? Reduce motor timing through your programmable esc then install a good motor heat sink with fans and you’ll be good to go. good luck 🍀

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum!!

Welcome, what a mess, routine inspection and maintenance are a must with these rigs.

Welcome to the forums. 😳

Welcome and wow, that's a hot mess. The wires splitting going to the motor leads me to believe this thing is getting way too hot and should probably have had a fan or 2 on the motor. What kind of batteries are you running this on? Also tighten up that loose bolt on the motor mount. Was this a car you got used or did you buy it new?
I bought it and I am using spektrum lipo battery's 100s and 20s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back