Typhon Just got my new Typhon v5! Advice on XT90

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iRiCkYx

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
hey guys been a while since ive been on here so hope you are all well and staying safe!

Just got myself the brand new Typhon V5 and need some advice!

So obviously the car comes with IC5 connectors now i run xt60 and xt90 in everything i own my intention is to run XT90 on this bad boy but i see there is the addition of an extra thin grey wire leading into the connector?

I'm guessing this is for the smart technology?

Now don't get me wrong i do like the IC5 but it doesn't make sense changing my entire collection of lipos over.

My question is if i solder on some XT90 what happens to the grey wire if anything and will it affect the ESC in any way if i skip it out and go for XT90

Sorry if its a silly question but this is my first 6s Arrma and don't want to break it!

Thanks

hey guys been a while since ive been on here so hope you are all well and staying safe!

So obviously the car comes with IC5 connectors now i run xt60 and xt90 in everything i own my intention is to run XT90 on this bad boy but i see there is the addition of an extra thin grey wire leading into the connector?

Now don't get me wrong i do like the IC5 but it doesn't make sense changing my entire collection of lipos over.

My question is if i solder on some XT90 what happens to the grey wire if anything and will it affect the ESC in any way if i skip it out and go for XT90

Sorry if its a silly question but this is my first 6s Arrma and don't want to break it!

Thanks
Think going the ic5 route would be better for you.

Thanks
Kev from YouTube puts xt90’s on everything... he recently saw the light in one of his most recent vids and said he’s going to switch out his whole collection for ic5...

I think ic5 is one of the better connections... it stays together well and the newest arrma’s have the smart tech in them.

now if you truly don’t care about smart tech, you can coil up that little gray wire and solder some XT90’s on and your gonna be fine.

just make sure when you take the stock connections off your not cutting them ... just slide the gray cap off the factory ic5’s and de-solder them. This way you can put everything back to factory when you sell them OR if you end up going ic5 you haven’t lost any lead distance ??

If you did decide to swap it all out ...

This is the best and cheapest way to do it...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spektrum-S...-/192924071069?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spektrum-S...-/192924070699?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Kev from YouTube puts xt90’s on everything... he recently saw the light in one of his most recent vids and said he’s going to switch out his whole collection for ic5...

I think ic5 is one of the better connections... it stays together well and the newest arrma’s have the smart tech in them.

now if you truly don’t care about smart tech, you can coil up that little gray wire and solder some XT90’s on and your gonna be fine.

just make sure when you take the stock connections off your not cutting them ... just slide the gray cap off the factory ic5’s and de-solder them. This way you can put everything back to factory when you sell them OR if you end up going ic5 you haven’t lost any lead distance ??
Yeah, that was my reasoning as well.

If you did decide to swap it all out ...

This is the best and cheapest way to do it...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spektrum-S...-/192924071069?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spektrum-S...-/192924070699?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
Thank you for the reassurance i was sure this was the case but i wasn't sure if the new smart stuff interfaced with the ESC in any way!

Thank you for the reassurance i was sure this was the case but i wasn't sure if the new smart stuff interfaced with the ESC in any way!
I have seen the new smart ESC’s with XT90’s before... so unless they changed something you should be alright..

we can use non smart batteries with the ec5’s with no problems ... so I assume that little gray wire not being there really isn’t an issue

EC5 fits in IC5, just so you know. IC5 is smart, and I think it has telemetry or something.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back