Senton Just got the Senton 3s BLX....AWESOME!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T_BOLT

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. 4x4-Mega
After weeks and weeks of researching RC SCT I ended with the Senton 3s BLX. That thing screams and is awesome. I feel like it was a great choice over others that are out there.
I do have some questions, and they are as follows:

What would be a good list of spare parts to have on hand when things tend to break? I must admit that I have already need the front bumper and bumper spring replaced, head on collision full throttle, lol.

I know I would like to maybe get better alum shocks, what would be a good suggestion on this?

What are some good mods or hop up projects for the 3s BLX better?

Are there a lot of alum replacement parts? I just like to maybe swap out some parts with colored alum parts just to either better solidify the 3s or hop it up some or customize it.

What are different options are there for tires and wheels?

Thanks in advance.

After weeks and weeks of researching RC SCT I ended with the Senton 3s BLX. That thing screams and is awesome. I feel like it was a great choice over others that are out there.

What would be a good list of spare parts to have on hand when things tend to break? I must admit that I have already need the front bumper and bumper spring replaced, head on collision full throttle, lol.

I know I would like to maybe get better alum shocks, what would be a good suggestion on this?

Are there a lot of alum replacement parts? I just like to maybe swap out some parts with colored alum parts just to either better solidify the 3s or hop it up some or customize it.

Thanks in advance.

On the Megas I saw a lot of guys breaking the rod ends on the shocks, so some spare shock shafts might be a good idea, I think it was mainly the front shocks.

Hot Racing is currently working on threaded aluminum shock bodies, no eta yet though.

Not sure yet as mine hasn't come in, but I bought a different set of tires, some rubber sealed bearings and a servo.

Right now the only aluminum parts I would trust are the Hot Racing parts. GPM makes some stuff but their stuff is for the most part crap. That being said about the only things I would really make aluminum on this are the body mounts, shocks, front c hubs, front steering blocks and rear axle carriers. Leave the a arms plastic.

Tires and wheels stock are a little limited do to the 14mm hex, however Duratrax appears to have some tires for the Granite, so I would suspect some for the Senton 3s soon, and they also make a 12mm hex adapter so you have more wheel choices. I have not owned or driven a short course truck so I cannot personally recommend any wheel/tire combos. But you can never go wrong with some Badlands.

Thanks in advance.
Definitely some spare A-Arms

On the Megas I saw a lot of guys breaking the rod ends on the shocks, so some spare shock shafts might be a good idea, I think it was mainly the front shocks.

Hot Racing is currently working on threaded aluminum shock bodies, no eta yet though.

Not sure yet as mine hasn't come in, but I bought a different set of tires, some rubber sealed bearings and a servo.

Right now the only aluminum parts I would trust are the Hot Racing parts. GPM makes some stuff but their stuff is for the most part crap. That being said about the only things I would really make aluminum on this are the body mounts, shocks, front c hubs, front steering blocks and rear axle carriers. Leave the a arms plastic.

Tires and wheels stock are a little limited do to the 14mm hex, however Duratrax appears to have some tires for the Granite, so I would suspect some for the Senton 3s soon, and they also make a 12mm hex adapter so you have more wheel choices. I have not owned or driven a short course truck so I cannot personally recommend any wheel/tire combos. But you can never go wrong with some Badlands.
What made you change out the servo? I notice a lot of people is doing this. I'm also having a issue where my car is veering off to the right while driving straight but not sure what the issue is.

What made you change out the servo? I notice a lot of people is doing this. I'm also having a issue where my car is veering off to the right while driving straight but not sure what the issue is.

This is most likely your steering trim. Adjust the knob that has “ST” over top of it. This should take care of it.

This is most likely your steering trim. Adjust the knob that has “ST” over top of it. This should take care of it.
I did that others stated that it could be bad glued tires. I adjusted the trim and I am still having the same issue. I'm new to the hobby so I don't know if it's bad bearing or what .

Mine got a little squirrelly when some of the steering linkage wouldn't stay on the balls. Once I narrowed down to the 2 that kept falling loose and replaced the balls it got much better, but it still walks one way or another as the battery drains. Maybe servo issues? I don't know, but I'm also not trying to run perfectly straight lines. I'm just trying to NOT run into myself again...

Mine got a little squirrelly when some of the steering linkage wouldn't stay on the balls. Once I narrowed down to the 2 that kept falling loose and replaced the balls it got much better, but it still walks one way or another as the battery drains. Maybe servo issues? I don't know, but I'm also not trying to run perfectly straight lines. I'm just trying to NOT run into myself again...
Maybe it is the servo.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I know if I start chasing small issues, whatever new parts I put on will break the next time I run it! I'll wait until I NEED the parts. I do have a replacement servo sitting on the work bench tho, just in case.

I haven't even gotten the car yet, I am just getting a servo so I have a spare so I don't have to tear apart any of my other cars to have a servo in case the stock one dies. Arrma servos are notorious for burning up or stripping gears. The servo in my Outcast didn't even last a week.

Last edited:
I haven't even gotten the car yet, I am just getting a servo so I have a spare so I don't have to tear apart any of my other cars to have a servo in case the stock one dies. Arrma servos are notorious for burning up or stripping gears. The servo in my Outcast didn't even last a week.
This I probably the reason my car viers when I drive straight SMH.

This I probably the reason my car viers when I drive straight SMH.
Could be. Usually when a servo goes bad you won't have steering in one direction or the other or at all for that matter. Before replacing the servo double check that nothing in the front suspension is loose/worn/broken.

Could be. Usually when a servo goes bad you won't have steering in one direction or the other or at all for that matter. Before replacing the servo double check that nothing in the front suspension is loose/worn/broken.
Just got the truck 2 weeks ago hope not

Have had my Granite for about 2 weeks, i already replaced the servo as mine had jitter when straight, new servo no jitter. Might invest in a waterproof Savox servo eventually but for now my $11 dollar one is fine...lol. Mine pulled to one side or the other before, haven't tried with the new servo yet.

I’m sorry, I meant to say shock rod ends. I had wrapped presents for about 4 hours and was laying in bed trying to fall asleep.

But yes, it is the joint with the ball in the middle. The shaft shock is molded into the spring perch, which has the rod end on it. They aren’t expensive but try Jenny’s RC before anywhere else because the prices are great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back