Granite Just made a long CVD for Granite with Typhon RPM arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great idea! This has bugged me for awhile about my typhon arms and 3s sliders. I don’t trust them to handle 4s. how much did you have to take off of the female 4s slider?

Great idea! This has bugged me for awhile about my typhon arms and 3s sliders. I don’t trust them to handle 4s. how much did you have to take off of the female 4s slider?
Pictures of a comparison in the first thread.

1627569620107.png

Glad this popped up. I’m definitely going to do this on mine. Plus it gives the option of using both 14 and 17mm wheels. Love it.

Glad this popped up. I’m definitely going to do this on mine. Plus it gives the option of using both 14 and 17mm wheels. Love it.
Been running it on my Granite for over 4 months of abuse. I have full metal drivetrain, and a slipper set really tight. Lots of jumps, wheelies, crashes...still not one issue at all. Well over 20-30 packs on them, including some running 4s. I have RPM Typhon arms with a Castle system with a 2400kv in my Granite - so these things can handle some abuse!

Been running it on my Granite for over 4 months of abuse. I have full metal drivetrain, and a slipper set really tight. Lots of jumps, wheelies, crashes...still not one issue at all. Well over 20-30 packs on them, including some running 4s. I have RPM Typhon arms with a Castle system with a 2400kv in my Granite - so these things can handle some abuse!
That’s what I like to hear! Glad this thread popped up. Great solution.

If you wanted to use the 4s axle end of the slider - you can get (4) 8x12x3.5 and 0.5mm worth of shims to fit on the exterior of each of the stock hubs to replace this bearing shown below:

1627573486171.png

But I like the option of 14mm or 17mm tires with the M2C extension.

Dude! Awesome work here! I’ve had soooo many problems popping u joints on my granites. After some research I did learn that much of it has to do with the slipper being too tight. After loosening a little, I haven’t had nearly as many problems, but I will Definitely be upgrading to your setup here. Thanks for sharing!

Dude! Awesome work here! I’ve had soooo many problems popping u joints on my granites. After some research I did learn that much of it has to do with the slipper being too tight. After loosening a little, I haven’t had nearly as many problems, but I will Definitely be upgrading to your setup here. Thanks for sharing!
With stock Granite arms, the standard Arrma 3s CVDs work. With Typhon arms, I feel they are too short and a bad design for that length arm.

I made some of these yesterday. Thank you for the inspiration on this. I found the female (4s) AND male (3s) portions need to be trimmed or else the male will bottom out inside before full suspension travel is achieved. These will be stout for 4s. A must for typhon arms.

D06E35BB-7E0C-44DA-BAA2-05BAEA1C9527.jpeg

CBE3D158-269C-4D88-A3F9-31C92233BACB.jpeg

98A6E51F-288D-4345-8E33-3F988F94B333.jpeg

If you wanted to use the 4s axle end of the slider - you can get (4) 8x12x3.5 and 0.5mm worth of shims to fit on the exterior of each of the stock hubs to replace this bearing shown below:
Thanks, I always wanted to know if there was a way to use CVD driveshafts with the thicker 17mm axle in my Granite. For now I'm sticking with the stock driveshafts with loosened slipper and Typhon axles, but this may become an option.

I'm somewhat comprehending how you are making these hybrid shafts. My question is would the same hybrids work on the BRCC V3 if you cut them to the appropriate length?

Last edited:
I'm somewhat comprehending how your are making these hybrid shafts. My question is would the same hybrids work on the BRCC V3 if you cut them to the appropriate length?
Yes.

Just came across this as I've been discussing 3s/4s cvds. Saw that some mentioned wanting 17mm and how it's only available with Kraton cvds. Ignore this if it isn't what folks mean but I easily kept my 3S 17mm on the 12mm axle by using Traxxas 17mm hexes. And I admit I like their elimination of a grub holding the pin in by using a threaded pin. Love this idea still as the bigger ball end has to make the u joint stronger.
16302745561582242405386699316086.jpg

Just came across this as I've been discussing 3s/4s cvds. Saw that some mentioned wanting 17mm and how it's only available with Kraton cvds. Ignore this if it isn't what folks mean but I easily kept my 3S 17mm on the 12mm axle by using Traxxas 17mm hexes. And I admit I like their elimination of a grub holding the pin in by using a threaded pin. Love this idea still as the bigger ball end has to make the u joint stronger.View attachment 166417
Yeah, I have the M2C hex adapters that can use 17mm on the stock Granite axle stub, same as the ones you mention. Some people don't like the Granite axle stubs due to them breaking.

Yeah, I have the M2C hex adapters that can use 17mm on the stock Granite axle stub, same as the ones you mention. Some people don't like the Granite axle stubs due to them breaking.
I think that was you that warned me about them breaking, then I broke one :ROFLMAO:

Ok. So it's about a beefier axle. Understandable

Back