Typhon Just ordered a 6S Typhon, what parts are going to break first?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those things are freaking heavy = 833g/29.38oz

I looked all over amazon and the only ones I could find significantly lighter were some PowerHobby brand but they are significantly more expensive - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LQYVKDX/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=A1A1ZSBB2126XX&psc=1

Lenth : 137.5mm
Width : 45.5mm
Height: 48mm
Weight: 20.1 Ounces

This matches with the battery tray, but I might have lay them on there sides to fit.

Zeee3S6000mah.JPG

I ordered some 4S lipos too. I hate limiting power, but my wallet will thank me. I'll break it slower that way...Plus if the 6S won't fit anyway...

Be ready to buy tires. If you bash on dirt the stock tires aren't great for traction. On pavement they will be slick in a few packs depending on how smooth/rough it is. Grass they are pretty decent, but not great.

A few options:
Proline Badlands
Powerhobby Armor or Raptor belted
JConcepts Magmas
Duratrax Lockup

And I don't know if you've heard what the Typhon does to tires on 6s. I'll just say if you don't have tire glue, get some, you will need it!!!🤣

Have fun, it's a nimble beast. 👍

What do you give up then, just acceleration?
Nah I don’t think any acceleration is lost. It’s a lightweight car with a bigger motor than it needs. Those tires are grasping for traction on 4S.

There’s some loss at the top end but it’s barely noticeable for off-road bashing, if at all. Extreme speed just isn’t useable off-road in a car that size. IMO.

So I save the weight and use 4S. Just one guy’s take.

I beefed up my Typhon only to realize I had more fun with it when it was lighter.🙄😆
The light weight and high power attracted me to this. I've even been wondering about running a carbon fiber chassis, etc and maybe smaller batteries. Anything to make it light while still keeping it fast. I don't know how balanced it is, haven't driven it yet.
Be ready to buy tires. If you bash on dirt the stock tires aren't great for traction. On pavement they will be slick in a few packs depending on how smooth/rough it is. Grass they are pretty decent, but not great.

A few options:
Proline Badlands
Powerhobby Armor or Raptor belted
JConcepts Magmas
Duratrax Lockup

And I don't know if you've heard what the Typhon does to tires on 6s. I'll just say if you don't have tire glue, get some, you will need it!!!🤣

Have fun, it's a nimble beast. 👍
✔️ buy tire glue. Anything in particular? I bought some Proline Belted Trencher HPs for the Sledge after watching many a stock tire die. They work great everywhere so far.

Couple of early recommendations:
Super Basher front bumper
Rear Skid plate
Duratrax Lockup Tires <- The oem dBoots will be mostly bald in a few battery backs if you're on pavement even briefly. The Duratrax had to be glued a couple times, but the tread life is ridiculous.

Things I upgraded due to crashes or looking for better performance or I just had money I no longer wanted:
F/R Chassis braces, tougher suspension hinge pins, tougher shock towers, YEA Racing Motor heatsink with dual fans, better transmitter for faster response (stayed Spektrum and bought DX5 rugged), got the combo deal with the SR6200A receiver which has AVC traction control (which is nice). Extensive truggification. Eventually crashed and blew the Spektrum ESC, so swapped the whole thing to a Castle Mamba monster X & 2200kv motor combo. etc etc

Car is very fast and nimble, has a bit of a hard time with really rough surfaces ,tire ruts etc. Otherwise awesome and super fun RC

The light weight and high power attracted me to this. I've even been wondering about running a carbon fiber chassis, etc and maybe smaller batteries. Anything to make it light while still keeping it fast. I don't know how balanced it is, haven't driven it yet.

✔️ buy tire glue. Anything in particular? I bought some Proline Belted Trencher HPs for the Sledge after watching many a stock tire die. They work great everywhere so far.

I like the applicator tips that come with the Proline tire glue. But any brand of cyanoacrylate glue (same thing Superglue) will work fine.
Ic 2000 glue is a little stronger and goes on black due to rubberized formula:
IC 2000 glue

What modest upgrades will make this a bit more durable?
The answer is nothing. its already crazy durable.

Yeah you could change some small stuff that wear faster than it should, but nothing that i would consider not durable.
The outdrives in the center diff and in the front/rear gearboxes input pinion wear after 6mo of hard driving, also the plastic ball in the shock's bottom rod end, i would replace it with metal, but again, it will take months to wear it.

that's all i can think of. keep it light with light tires and it will last forever.

Bob Evans ic2000
I stock up on a arms, bearings, driveline stuff from Jenny's rc- I have 3 6s Typhons btw

I ordered some 4S lipos too. I hate limiting power, but my wallet will thank me. I'll break it slower that way...Plus if the 6S won't fit anyway...
You might never even wish to run 6s after trying 4s. Like @dure16 said, many of us prefer to run the Typhons on 4s. They’re still stupid fast and it’s a lot kinder to the diffs. My bone stock Typhon on 4s is one of my favorite bashers ever.

I never ran my Badlands on pavement, but on dirt I've got at least 30-35 packs on them and they are still going. Tread is worn down some, but still plenty to last at least another 20 packs.

Ok so are they worth the price compared to the JConcepts magma tires or the duratrax lockups?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back