Typhon Just ordered a 6S Typhon, what parts are going to break first?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so are they worth the price compared to the JConcepts magma tires or the duratrax lockups?
Another couple of options are jetkos & powerhobby belted buggy tires. I'm a notorious destroyer of tires & both of these have held up to my trigger finger of death. The powerhobby's are a little cheaper than the badlands as well

Another couple of options are jetkos & powerhobby belted buggy tires. I'm a notorious destroyer of tires & both of these have held up to my trigger finger of death. The powerhobby's are a little cheaper than the badlands as well
Do you use these ones?
https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobby-raptor-buggy-tries-black-wheels.html

Mind you this is only for a 3s/4s typhon.

So do I really need belted I’ve noticed less traction with belted tires in my past experiences.

Which ones did you buy and have they held up?
I'm trying to find them, not in my email for some reason. Not stock, don't see them on scorched and not the locking M2C ones. I'll find em, but yes they've been rock solid

I'm trying to find them, not in my email for some reason. Not stock, don't see them on scorched and not the locking M2C ones. I'll find em, but yes they've been rock solid
They're the stock ones as far as I can tell. zero in any of my purchase history or google searches for hardened pins. 4mmx67.5 is too odd of a size to have ordered from McMaster. Oh well, new pins fixed the suspension squeaking, just churched them up in my head. 🤷‍♂️

They're the stock ones as far as I can tell. zero in any of my purchase history or google searches for hardened pins. 4mmx67.5 is too odd of a size to have ordered from McMaster. Oh well, new pins fixed the suspension squeaking, just churched them up in my head. 🤷‍♂️
Appreciate you checking. Glad the new ones are holding up!

I've had the Badlands, Magmas, and Powerhobby belted tires. I also tried some Roapex tires but that was a mistake, blew 2 of them in 2 packs of 4s so would never recommend. Individual results may vary, but here is my experience:

Magmas- my personal favorite. For the terrain I bash on and my driving style, they offer the best overall grip. Also lasted a LONG time before I finally destroyed both rears running over some debris with wires in it.

Badlands- very close runner up to the Magmas. Really good on the grip and they hold up to 6s power really good.

Powerhobby belted- not as much grip as the others on really loose dirt for me, but pretty close on other surfaces. Also about .2 inches shorter than the others, not a huge deal but takes a tiny bit of ground clearance away that might make a small difference on some terrains.

Personally I had to reglue all of these tires regularly when running 6s. The Powerhobby's required the least amount of gluing probably because they don't expand and pull on the bead as much. The Magmas needed to be glued in one place right out of the bag, its worth always checking the beads inside and out before a first run on any tire just in case. The Badlands maintained their feel and firmness the best, the others did okay, just felt a little softer over time.

Again, there will be different experiences based on driving style and terrain, but personally I would recommend picking one to start with and buy the other 2 when you can and you'll have 3 solid options for whatever off road surfaces you go bash.

I've had the Badlands, Magmas, and Powerhobby belted tires. I also tried some Roapex tires but that was a mistake, blew 2 of them in 2 packs of 4s so would never recommend. Individual results may vary, but here is my experience:

Magmas- my personal favorite. For the terrain I bash on and my driving style, they offer the best overall grip. Also lasted a LONG time before I finally destroyed both rears running over some debris with wires in it.

Badlands- very close runner up to the Magmas. Really good on the grip and they hold up to 6s power really good.

Powerhobby belted- not as much grip as the others on really loose dirt for me, but pretty close on other surfaces. Also about .2 inches shorter than the others, not a huge deal but takes a tiny bit of ground clearance away that might make a small difference on some terrains.

Personally I had to reglue all of these tires regularly when running 6s. The Powerhobby's required the least amount of gluing probably because they don't expand and pull on the bead as much. The Magmas needed to be glued in one place right out of the bag, its worth always checking the beads inside and out before a first run on any tire just in case. The Badlands maintained their feel and firmness the best, the others did okay, just felt a little softer over time.

Again, there will be different experiences based on driving style and terrain, but personally I would recommend picking one to start with and buy the other 2 when you can and you'll have 3 solid options for whatever off road surfaces you go bash.
What terrain are you running all these tires on? How is tread wear on all of them off road? How durable are the wheel hexes? Did the badlands need any glueing and or maintenance? I think the magmas look like a good tire but most amain reviews say not glad I heard anther opinion that’s not negative.

What terrain are you running all these tires on? How is tread wear on all of them off road? How durable are the wheel hexes? Did the badlands need any glueing and or maintenance? I think the magmas look like a good tire but most amain reviews say not glad I heard anther opinion that’s not negative.

Here's a pic of the ground at one of my spots, most other spots I go are similar except one that is more dirt/grass.

I personally never had a hex go bad. I cracked one of the Badlands rims but was able to glue it back together (plastic specific glue) and it held fine after that. Had to reglue the Badlands just as much as the Magmas, not very often on 4s but on 6s about every 3 or 4 battery packs its time to clean them and glue again, lol. Powerhobbys made it several more packs than the others before needing glue. The treads on the Badlands wore down just a little slower than the others although the others didn't wear down fast.

Ground.jpg

Here's a pic of the ground at one of my spots, most other spots I go are similar except one that is more dirt/grass.

I personally never had a hex go bad. I cracked one of the Badlands rims but was able to glue it back together (plastic specific glue) and it held fine after that. Had to reglue the Badlands just as much as the Magmas, not very often on 4s but on 6s about every 3 or 4 battery packs its time to clean them and glue again, lol. Powerhobbys made it several more packs than the others before needing glue. The treads on the Badlands wore down just a little slower than the others although the others didn't wear down fast.

View attachment 273343

Ok good to know, are the badlands worth the extra money or are the magamas better for then value.

Here’s the terrain that I drive on.
72FD4CAC-3033-478F-A8E1-AE8BC0ADE2B4.jpeg

I was looking for my spring retainer in this pic from a vid. My terrain is very loose and flowery.

I'd start with the Badlands only because more people have used them and can attest to the quality and also the treads will last a little longer. You won't be disappointed with them at all. However I would recommend adding the Magmas later on when you can.

I'd start with the Badlands only because more people have used them and can attest to the quality and also the treads will last a little longer. You won't be disappointed with them at all. However I would recommend adding the Magmas later on when you can.
Ok thanks for all the help will be ordering those soon. I bought a used 3s typhon from eBay and it has bald badlands on it and they’re decent I can’t even imagine a fresh set.

You're going to love it I got a ton of Zeee batteries with my typhon 6s on eBay. Each pair was several $$ cheaper than Amazon. The 3s 5200 120c soft case batteries for 64$ a pair fit perfectly one on top of the other almost as if the batteries were designed for the car. I get about 1 hour and 30-45 minutes on 2 of those packs at 50-75% bashing around which is plenty for this buggy. My sons 3s granite runs about 30 minutes on one of these packs and my infraction 6s runs about 50 mins on 2 of them so the typhon seems to have excellent battery consumption. Another thing is tires, Amazon has some decent sets for 30$ or so. Enjoy

The Typhon stock rims are around 3.3" and a lot of aftermarket tires seem to offer 1/10 scale around 2.8" and 1/8 scale at 3.8"
I'm guessing run the 3.8's?

These just showed up. Once the Typhon gets here I'll see how they fit

20230128_120937.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back