Outcast Just ordered an O6S EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibocain23

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Doing my anecdotal “research” and I am seeing quite a bit. My main questions are what are recommended out of the box upgrades and or adjustments or things to be checked. Also I got an EXB in hopes that it is durable and can hold up to some beginner bashing’s and flips and such, what can I upgrade to make it more durable?
Also I ordered from horizon hobby, I saw an old post regarding a wait for them. Are they on back order right now? I didn’t see anything on their website about that just asking.

Doing my anecdotal “research” and I am seeing quite a bit. My main questions are what are recommended out of the box upgrades and or adjustments or things to be checked. Also I got an EXB in hopes that it is durable and can hold up to some beginner bashing’s and flips and such, what can I upgrade to make it more durable?
Also I ordered from horizon hobby, I saw an old post regarding a wait for them. Are they on back order right now? I didn’t see anything on their website about that just asking.
Also I am seeing it’s 4S or 6S batteries. I wanted to run 2 3S as all I have is 3S. How do I do this?

Also I am seeing it’s 4S or 6S batteries. I wanted to run 2 3S as all I have is 3S. How do I do this?
You will run you're 2 3s packs if lipos have same connectors

Make sure all screws are tight
Roll car back in and forth make sure it sounds right with no binding.
Check diff fluids after a few rips and see if center diff is leaking.

Use blue loctite ONLY after first tear downs

My v3 typhon had a center diff leak and 2 loose screws out the box

Oh and a good set of Mip tools that red loctite be crazy to get off.

You will run you're 2 3s packs if lipos have same connectors

Make sure all screws are tight
Roll car back in and forth make sure it sounds right with no binding.
Check diff fluids after a few rips and see if center diff is leaking.

Use blue loctite ONLY after first tear downs

My v3 typhon had a center diff leak and 2 loose screws out the box

Oh and a good set of Mip tools that red loctite be crazy to get off.
They seriously use red loctite from factory? My gawd! That's just dumb!

They seriously use red loctite from factory? My gawd! That's just dumb!
Hell yeah bro that chit damn near stripped every screw 😂 I used a dynamite tools set from my bandit rc wrong move. Every screw on the chassis is not original after my first tear down.

You might get lucky and get blue 😂 mine is a v3 6s

Hell yeah bro that chit damn near stripped every screw 😂 I used a dynamite tools set from my bandit rc wrong move. Every screw on the chassis is not original after my first tear down.

You might get lucky and get blue 😂 mine is a v3 6s
Aww dayum. I just got a V3 6s. Fortunately though, every screw has already been removed and M2C stuff has been installed everywhere.

If you ordered it from Horizon Hobby it would show if it's in stock or not. Their website will show this, if you're not sure, call them. Don't know how hard you will bash this rig OTB, but I wouldn't upgrade anything until something breaks, afterall it has EXB parts.

Congrats on the OC, I really was waiting on it but didn't pull the trigger with the electronics.

If you ordered it from Horizon Hobby it would show if it's in stock or not. Their website will show this, if you're not sure, call them. Don't know how hard you will bash this rig OTB, but I wouldn't upgrade anything until something breaks, afterall it has EXB parts.

Congrats on the OC, I really was waiting on it but didn't pull the trigger with the electronics.
It’s gonna be here tomorrow! (I’m a few hours north of HH). I plan on spending some time in the garage with the car going over stuff. Checking the diffs. Etc. Reading the manual. Then get used to the car. I just bought a portable quarter pipe a few days ago maaaaybe I’ll use it on that a few times…. Maybe

It’s gonna be here tomorrow! (I’m a few hours north of HH). I plan on spending some time in the garage with the car going over stuff. Checking the diffs. Etc. Reading the manual. Then get used to the car. I just bought a portable quarter pipe a few days ago maaaaybe I’ll use it on that a few times…. Maybe
Heck ya man! Nice to see on you here too. :) congrats again on the purchase.

273599D2-692C-4E90-AFDB-68451C2D2F6F.jpeg
5CD27D60-194D-4A53-B3B7-CA9AC4540EF2.jpeg

EASILY my most favorite car! (And I love my kraton and granite). I’ve gotta say too I really like the active control system or whatever it’s called. Prevented a lot of spills and tumbles today! Went through all the bolts and checked for leaks. Just went out for 15 minutes with a kicker ramp. Going to see if the diffs need to be shimmed and top off fluids if necessary next. Also going to drywall tape the body.

Nice Enkei RPF's

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back