Just ordered my Belted Trencher 2.8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Just placed my order with ProLine for my Belted Trenchers 2.8s to put on my truggified Typhon 3S ??????

Did you order or do you already have the 17mm hubs for the rims? I believe that they only come with 12mm hubs right now but can be swapped to 17mm if you order them separately.

Can you weigh them when they come in?
Sure thing. Remind me next week if you don’t hear back.
If you don’t like em, I’ll find a good home for them. Kthnx
Sure thing buddy! They can be yours for $200 ?
Did you order or do you already have the 17mm hubs for the rims? I believe that they only come with 12mm hubs right now but can be swapped to 17mm if you order them separately.
I missed that part, but I can adapt. I already have HR 17mm hubs, but it’s not a big deal to me to buy some 12mm hubs. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sure thing. Remind me next week if you don’t hear back.

Sure thing buddy! They can be yours for $200 ?

I missed that part, but I can adapt. I already have HR 17mm hubs, but it’s not a big deal to me to buy some 12mm hubs. Thanks for pointing that out.
I just wanted to make sure that you caught that and wasn't surprised and disappointed when they came. I know you can buy the 17mm hubs that bolt onto the rim from Proline. I'm not sure if the vehicle can be swapped to 12mm but I don't know.

I just wanted to make sure that you caught that and wasn't surprised and disappointed when they came. I know you can buy the 17mm hubs that bolt onto the rim from Proline. I'm not sure if the vehicle can be swapped to 12mm but I don't know.
Yeah it’s a Typhon 3S and I already have the Duratrax 12mm hubs ordered and in route. Thanks again.

They showed up today!!! 231g per wheel without the center hub installed. My 17mm inserts haven’t arrived yet so I can’t bolt them up and test them yet. Much firmer than my MX28 Badlands.

17mm hubs arrived today. Brings the Belted Trenchers to 244g. Now if this rain would just end ....

Edit: just laced them up and ran on 4S on the stand and there was ZERO ballooning at all. Didn’t change shape one bit ????

Last edited:
Just placed my order with ProLine for my Belted Trenchers 2.8s
I ordered a set of these using their july 4th discount for my proline promt 4x4. I'm anxious to see how they respond.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but did you do anything else to your Typhon to truggify it? Or do the wheels fit standard?
cheers

On the Typhon 3S you can just put new wheels on. No mods needed. I will say that these Belted Trenchers were terrible for me. Way too heavy. Very little traction on any surface. I sold them pretty quickly. I would buy the MX28 Badlands for a great bashing tire on any of the 4x4 rigs.

On the Typhon 3S you can just put new wheels on. No mods needed. I will say that these Belted Trenchers were terrible for me. Way too heavy. Very little traction on any surface. I sold them pretty quickly. I would buy the MX28 Badlands for a great bashing tire on any of the 4x4 rigs.
Cheers mate ima try them out

Hi to all. Planning to get them but want to be sure first. Any ideas if they fit HR 17mm extended +10mm hubs? With PL hex adapter of course. Please see attached photos. Can anyone give me some measurements please. Thanks

IMG_20230115_202747.jpg

IMG_20230115_202843.jpg

IMG_20230115_202810.jpg

16738149731378582449134148509213.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back