Just ordered my FAZON

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
DECISIONS DECISIONS.

couldn't decide between the big rock and the fazon. Went with the fazon. Already have a Nero with big rock shocks and a few HD upgrades. Figure the fazon is a great platform for speed and will be my fleets ferrari. As soon as I saw that picture in the sand about a week ago with the 11:15:16 at the bottom - I knew I was looking at something very special. Will make erevo owners cringe.

Awesome! Best looking rtr body I've ever seen. I like that it's basically just a road oriented Nero made to make the e Revo look old fashioned.
Yup - tuned for the road but can still go anywhere. I will use my Nero for off road and my Kraton for Jumps and my senton for my ten year olds friends....I was soooooo tempted to get the big rock and a Fazon shell but then Arrma told me that the big rock is not tuned for speed and is more balanced for trails, mudding, climbing, etc...

@Julian I ordered one this morning when I got up. can't wait to get it monday or tuesday. probably sell my Nero, I'm out of room for new ones. and I have a buggy to rebuild that will also need a home...

@Julian I ordered one this morning when I got up. can't wait to get it monday or tuesday. probably sell my Nero, I'm out of room for new ones. and I have a buggy to rebuild that will also need a home...
NICE!!!
Yeah - running out of room for sure - I was going with the big rock and changed my mind at the last second. I called Arrma and they told me that they tuned the Fazon for on road and with the diff brain - no need for super thick diff fluid at all. They also told me depending on the batteries - the stock pinion can get upto 60mph. That closed it for me...

I think you made the right choice with the fazon over the big rock. I don't see much appeal personally to go big rock over Nero w diff brain when they have the same issues that can be diy fixed. I do see a huge appeal in having a road tuned nero. I'm definitely going to look into modding my body mounts to accept the fazon body and have that sexy shell.

I think you made the right choice with the fazon over the big rock. I don't see much appeal personally to go big rock over Nero w diff brain when they have the same issues that can be diy fixed. I do see a huge appeal in having a road tuned nero. I'm definitely going to look into modding my body mounts to accept the fazon body and have that sexy shell.
After talking directly with Arrma - the bottom line was that I can do both with the fazon - on road/off road and with the Big rock - definitely can do both as well but its tippy on road and is not tuned for pavement speed runs while the Fazon IS...

checked tower to see when mine shipped, it says it will be here saturday! and it's supposed to be 70 degress here then 37 on sunday...

Josh - feel great u ordered on too man. Just got my TBone Racing front bumper & wheelie bar. Yes I know it comes with on but I love the wide stance from TBone. Plus it's soooo tuff on my Nero. I even landed the Nero directly on it and nothing happened. I DO use slightly bigger screws to screw it in but it's so solid I had to get em for the fazon. I still am thinking I should gotten the bigrock and fazon shell for the parking lot but I'm getting the outcast for Oliver for xmas and can spend but so much. Already got him the HPI 1/8 scale Ken block flux ... gonna be a sick xmas for my boy. He's gonna lose it. Maybe I will get the HD UJs but if I do - won't I need the bigger silver driveshafts too?

Also - do I need to tape BOTH holes on my tires? Or just one? I've been taping both to keep water out....

Attachments

• IMG_0240.JPG
    IMG_0240.JPG
    411.7 KB · Views: 51
the fazon comes with all HD parts already.... the drive shafts ate the same. I have replaced a few on my nero so far. told the wife I easy gonna sell it... we will see. I have a set of badlands I want to put on fazone should look mean as heck. and I have a wheelie bar just need to buy the wheels. and bar part I have spare skidplate. also have a couple stampede tbone bumpers I won't use I don't have a stampede any more so I may modify one of them for the front.

Really? HD UJs???? Well that is a surprise. I didn't see that anywhere but will look again.

Just looked josh. Not true. If you look at Arrma parts cross reference guide. You will see parts 31037&8 HD wheel axle UJ & HD Steel outdrive UJ are standard on big rock and optional for Fazon. I'm thinking it's ok anyway as I'm keeping this on road mostly - will save the jump Ramps for the outcast I just ordered this morning.

However - The fazon gets front rear and center skid plate while big rock - they don't - optional.

Was thinking that's the reason why it's more expensive

Ordered the OUTCAST this morning. Somebody stop me. I did buy two jump ramps in September for this very reason.

Attachments

• IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Nice to see that - conflicting information and Im hoping fingers crossed you are right brother.... 600$ + truck should come with them but there a huge comparison chart - I should've taken a screenshot - showed it clear as day ... once again - Im hoping ur right here - One of these examples are typos - I just called but got hobby wing - looking for a direct arrma number now...

When it arrives we can just measure em too.... Im happy either way as this one will be my "ferrari" that I will not bash with at all......no need can beat up the nero and especially the outcast...

Just wrote them this....will update with their response bud

I just bought a Fazon and already own the Nero, Senton BLX & Kraton V2. I am seeing conflicting information on the HD UJ parts. On the tech notes I am seeing …

Notes from our tech department:
**Additional Technical Info Will Be Added When It Becomes Available.**
This is the Brushless Electric Powered, 2.4GHz Radio Controlled 1/8 scale
Ready To Run Nero Fazon 6S BLX 4WD Monster Truck with Diff Brain from Arrma.

The new Nero Fazon 6S
differs from the AR106011 Nero 6S in the following ways;
**New molded Rear Wing and Front and Rear Bumpers**
**Front and Rear Shock Mounts and Radio Tray**
**New Body Post Set**
**New Heavy Duty Shock Ends**
**New Tires and Wheels**
**New Wheelie Bar with Integrated Rear Air Diffuser**
**New Heavy Duty Universal Diff Outdrive Joints & Axle Universal Joints**
**New Body**

However - when I pull up the big chart on Arrma site showing optional & standard parts for every vehicle - both of these HD UJ parts are showing as S - standard on the Big Rock & Optional for the Fazon…

Does the Fazon come with parts 31037 & 31038 as standard? or not…

Thank you - Julian

Last edited:
I'd say that the HD universal joints shouldn't be a deal breaker. it was the very first part I broke on my Big Rock, so even the HD ones aren't bulletproof.

The hd joints are expensive too, hopefully it is better tha the first ones, i got a green nero with free diffbrain right when they came out from my lhs. i have had to replace all front joints so far and one rear that got an old one from the front i had left. its a tad over 180 to do front axels then same for rear and then centers too... thats alot o dough....

The hd joints are expensive too, hopefully it is better tha the first ones, i got a green nero with free diffbrain right when they came out from my lhs. i have had to replace all front joints so far and one rear that got an old one from the front i had left. its a tad over 180 to do front axels then same for rear and then centers too... thats alot o dough....
While mine have never broken. Josh is more experienced and way better jumper as seen in his clips. It's disappointing to hear that the had joints broke on u too. Again - no deal breaker as I am already dedicated to babying this rig. I have others to bash around and will focus on craziness with the outcast. I Love that the tech notes spell out a different story. They SHOULD include the HDs at the higher price regardless. Each set of two for each axle is 49$x 4 = 200$. This is the very reason I was on the fence about bigrock vs fazon.

Whaaaaaaaaat....... Oh my

Wow that was fast bro - Super cool .......Can u tell me if the UJs are HD????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back