Kraton Just Ordered my Kraton 1/5 EXB Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Horizon Hobby Emailed $100.00 coupon for the Kraton EXB Roller today. So I pulled the trigger and ordered one. I also ordered the Castle MAMBA XLX2, 8S, 33.6V ESC WITH 2028-1100KV sensored motor for it. Now I need to decide on Servo, Radio and Receiver.
I’m in the middle of putting mine together with the same combo. I’m in to watch your build 👍🏼🏁😎

Congratz!🔥🎉 glad you saved some $doe$,

If I may suggest a servo I’d check out

https://www.promodeler.com/

Will probably want to go with the ds845 for the 1/5.

Ppl also stand by reefs servos,

could always go Amazon as well ppl have had good luck here.

Rx/tx could be had from jennys if you don’t care for stock equipment, other wise there’s a few threads here talking about tx/Rx’s.

Look forward to seeing it finished🤘

Congratz!🔥🎉 glad you saved some $doe$,

If I may suggest a servo I’d check out

https://www.promodeler.com/

Will probably want to go with the ds845 for the 1/5.

Ppl also stand by reefs servos,

could always go Amazon as well ppl have had good luck here.

Rx/tx could be had from jennys if you don’t care for stock equipment, other wise there’s a few threads here talking about tx/Rx’s.

Look forward to seeing it finished🤘
Thanks for the advice. I just checked out the DS845 servo and it's a 25t spline. The 1/5 EXB Roller servo saver requires a 15t or 17t spline.

I want a 1/5 scale but I am hesitant on pulling trigger , one just came up on classified too, can they tackle that much bigger terrain than the 6s ExB?

1/5th scale is just a blast most who jump into never regret it. But it does take some prep IMHO. I would get some rpm arms out of the gate (yes most likely that will be your first purchase). I Killed my stock arms on my blx 1st run with very little effort.

I want a 1/5 scale but I am hesitant on pulling trigger , one just came up on classified too, can they tackle that much bigger terrain than the 6s ExB?
Like Hammer D said...most definitely. 👀🤙

ARA5208_A29_6T0IW11O-800x800.jpg

Maybe I should get another year on 6 s, ?? I don't know I want so many.....1/5 scale , both the new exbs that came out of course a infraction, that massive losi Baja King truck looks sick or a Mojave my head is spinning 🤯😂

Final Parts Selection:
Kraton 1/5 EXB Roller
Monumen Double Wheel Wheelie Bar for 1/5 ARRMA KRATON 8S Red
Castle XLX2 ESC / 1100KV Motor
Specktrum DX5 Rugged Tx / 6200A Rx
Spektrum RC S9110BL 1/5 Brushless High Speed Metal Gear Servo
SAGA 32T 8MM MOD-1 Pinion Gear
SAGA 30T 8MM MOD-1 Pinion Gear
Game Changer RC “Max V2” 2 and 1 Extreme Combo Fans w/BasherQueen Carbon Fiber Guards
ZEEE 9000mAh 14.8V 4S 100C Lipo Battery x2
QS8 Anti-Spark Connectors
My Parts have started to arrive! Everything should be here by next Thursday. I will post pics when everything gets here.

Arrma Kraton 1.jpg

Is the xlx2 the one that catches fire 🔥 🤔
And what made you guys pick Arrma 1/5 scale over the x-max??? I'm having a real brain battle between the two looks hand down the arrma win but durability is what I'm concerned about I know I'm not an expert pilot yet so maybe I should stay clear of these fith scale models I don't know I love my kraton exb though absolutely love it. And I've never driven a Max or an xmxx

The early XLX2 versions had an issue that has been fixed now. See Castle SERVICE ADVISORY SA2021-1.
Some reasons why I chose the Arrma Kraton EXB 1/5 scale:
1. I've had 1/10 and 1/8 scale cars, buggies, and trucks for years and was looking for something different.
2. I like the way the Kraton looks.
3. It's a roller chassis so I get the choose the components.
4. Where I go to bash I needed something with more ground clearance. So 1/5 scale it is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back