Kraton Just Ordered my Kraton 1/5 EXB Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like Hammer D said...most definitely. 👀🤙

View attachment 204419

Ohhhh........yezzzzzz they can !!!

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

View attachment 204529
I recomend one of these for when your LVC comes on without ya noticing.

I got one of these for my K8EXB..... thing is SOLID !!!! Handle feature is NICE.

Is it unbreakable? Nothing is...... but this thing ..... wow...... what it would take for it to break......

Last edited:
Finished my build and took it out for the first bash today. WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! This is my first 1/5 scale vehicle. What a blast!!! It's so fast and handles so well. I sold all my 1/10th and 1/8th scale vehicles to help pay for this one. I'm so glad I decided to go with the 1/5 scale Kraton. If you are into bashing, 1/5 scale is the only way to go. At least for me now.

Finished my build and took it out for the first bash today. WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! This is my first 1/5 scale vehicle. What a blast!!! It's so fast and handles so well. I sold all my 1/10th and 1/8th scale vehicles to help pay for this one. I'm so glad I decided to go with the 1/5 scale Kraton. If you are into bashing, 1/5 scale is the only way to go. At least for me now.
It is awesome! I took mine out today to the bmx spot for the first time and it jumps so well. Even easier than the 1/8 kraton for air control. Glad you're also enjoying it!!

SAGA 32T 8MM MOD-1 Pinion Gear
SAGA 30T 8MM MOD-1 Pinion Gear
I am curious about the Pinion choice. I just got done building my EXB and with the Spektrum 1250 KV and the 23 tooth included pinion I overheated driving on dead grass. I am thinking about picking up a 17T that the 8S BLX comes with.

I am curious about the Pinion choice. I just got done building my EXB and with the Spektrum 1250 KV and the 23 tooth included pinion I overheated driving on dead grass. I am thinking about picking up a 17T that the 8S BLX comes with.
I'm running a 1100KV motor with 30T Pinion and 39T Spur. I also have GCRC "Maximus / PG "Typhoons" 2 and 1 combo colling fans for the XLX2/1100KV combo. So far I have not over heated.

I recomend one of these for when your LVC comes on without ya noticing.
I was thinking of getting the Outcast Wheelie bar. How is this one better? Also, I don't understand how LVC affects anything. Does it cause the car to decelerate sharply and start doing floor gymnastics?

I just picked up an 8S BLX and haven't driven it yet.

I was thinking of getting the Outcast Wheelie bar. How is this one better? Also, I don't understand how LVC affects anything. Does it cause the car to decelerate sharply and start doing floor gymnastics?

I just picked up an 8S BLX and haven't driven it yet.
It is beefier, wider, and sicks out further than the Outcast wheelie bar. Another big plus is it has a handle. It sure helps when you are trying to carry a ~30lb RC truck around.
Low Voltage Cutoff (LVC) helps protect your batteries and is something you set in your ESC. When your battery voltage drops to the LVC setting the ESC shuts your RC truck down.

It is beefier, wider, and sicks out further than the Outcast wheelie bar. Another big plus is it has a handle. It sure helps when you are trying to carry a ~30lb RC truck around.

Thanks, good to know. I'll get one on order.

Low Voltage Cutoff (LVC) helps protect your batteries and is something you set in your ESC. When your battery voltage drops to the LVC setting the ESC shuts your RC truck down.

I understand LVC, I just didn't know how it related to a wheelie bar. The handle explains it, thanks.

Horizon Hobby Emailed $100.00 coupon for the Kraton EXB Roller today. So I pulled the trigger and ordered one. I also ordered the Castle MAMBA XLX2, 8S, 33.6V ESC WITH 2028-1100KV sensored motor for it. Now I need to decide on Servo, Radio and Receiver.
Get the Raminator 1373 1/5 servo.
Radiolink RC6GS Radio/Rx.

I just grabbed my EXB 8s yesterday and I have a very similar build list as yours

Now with having it for close to a month now are you happy with your set up of electronics and gearing

I am a castle guy and have 4 of there set ups in other rigs and very happy

But the XLX2 8s with 2028 motor is 500$
vs 370$ for HW max 5

Final Parts Selection:
Kraton 1/5 EXB Roller
Monumen Double Wheel Wheelie Bar for 1/5 ARRMA KRATON 8S Red
Castle XLX2 ESC / 1100KV Motor
Specktrum DX5 Rugged Tx / 6200A Rx
Spektrum RC S9110BL 1/5 Brushless High Speed Metal Gear Servo
SAGA 32T 8MM MOD-1 Pinion Gear
SAGA 30T 8MM MOD-1 Pinion Gear
Game Changer RC “Max V2” 2 and 1 Extreme Combo Fans w/BasherQueen Carbon Fiber Guards
ZEEE 9000mAh 14.8V 4S 100C Lipo Battery x2
QS8 Anti-Spark Connectors
My Parts have started to arrive! Everything should be here by next Thursday. I will post pics when everything gets here.

View attachment 207365
Have you tried Zeee premium? I have not but higher C ratings so I may.

The early XLX2 versions had an issue that has been fixed now. See Castle SERVICE ADVISORY SA2021-1.
Some reasons why I chose the Arrma Kraton EXB 1/5 scale:
1. I've had 1/10 and 1/8 scale cars, buggies, and trucks for years and was looking for something different.
2. I like the way the Kraton looks.
3. It's a roller chassis so I get the choose the components.
4. Where I go to bash I needed something with more ground clearance. So 1/5 scale it is.
yes indeed our most recent bash spot has changed since all the rain we got in Los Angeles, all that water washed away the top soil exposing a lot of rocks so now i need more ground clearance, my typhon 6s is now being converted to road car like a mini limitless with the stupid rc f1 kit. definitely 1/5 scale time now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back