Talion Just picked up Talion roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Fart51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Talion
Couldn't pass this up, need some input on building it. My plans so far:
  • Mamba Monster 2200kv motor and ESC
  • 15 tooth pinion
  • Savox 1270 servo
  • @FastEddy Sealed bearings all around
  • front and rear shock tower braces
  • diff fluid - front 80 thousand, rear 60 and center 500 thousand
Do I need to replace servo mount with aluminum one? Does it flex like my Kraton does? Shock oil recommendation? Thinking 70 up front and 60 rear. Any input will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_6540.JPG
    IMG_6540.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 75
Built my own servo mount. Cost about $8.00. Bought everything from Ace hardware. 4 half inch aluminum spacers, 4 6/32 stainless 1 1/2 screws and lock nuts. Used original mount but cut 1/2 inches off, drilled completely through the top plate and put screws through it. Completely rock solid.

IMG_6558.JPG

Getting closer everyday, went with Savox 1267, front and rear diffs serviced and filled, sealed bearings all around, shocks filled, servo mount built, installing Mamba Monster 2200kv. ESC next, monster should be breathing fire soon.

Attachments

• IMG_6597.JPG
    IMG_6597.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 55
Getting closer everyday, went with Savox 1267, front and rear diffs serviced and filled, sealed bearings all around, shocks filled, servo mount built, installing Mamba Monster 2200kv. ESC next, monster should be breathing fire soon.

Can you let me know which screws you use to mount the 2200kv motor? I've seen a few different options but wondering what you find to work best. Thanks!

I used the 1/10 brass servo mount bushing left over from another repair, Then used a small stainless washer. Hopefully this will work for me, If not, I will drill and tap the 2200kv to #4 bolts.

Mounted ESC, installed receiver and binded it. Put a 4s battery in it and took it for a test drive. HOLY Crap!!! This thing is insane, faster than my Kraton. Only problem is, doesn't have brakes. Goes from forward to reverse, no brake. Hopefully it's just something in the settings. Any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_6601.JPG
    IMG_6601.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 56
It is a setting peoblem. The forward/reverse set up is used a lot by crawlers.

Turned out to be a bad ESC, Castle sent me a new one. This beast is ridiculous fast and fun. Also did a M4 bolt conversion on wing mount. My Kraton sheared them off so I just converted before the Talions broke.

IMG_6716.JPG
IMG_6712.JPG

Can you let me know which screws you use to mount the 2200kv motor? I've seen a few different options but wondering what you find to work best. Thanks!
I found a better way to bolt Momba to the Talion, pull face plate off motor, drill and tap to M4. Easy and solid

I need help my talion servo just failed on me and i want to replace it and upgrade it with a better one but I don't really know much bout how to go about this can some one help me by leading me the right direction what am i going to need and what servo would be the best upgrade for my talion?

I need help my talion servo just failed on me and i want to replace it and upgrade it with a better one but I don't really know much bout how to go about this can some one help me by leading me the right direction what am i going to need and what servo would be the best upgrade for my talion?
You cant go wrong with SAVOX 1270tg. When installing it, Mount servo (do not install servo arm yet) Plug it up, On transmitter set trim to center and turn transmitter on, center wheels then turn truck on. The servo will now be set to zero. now install servo arm and linkage. you will need to upgrade your servo mount. They twist badly. You can do this upgrade for about $15.00. Look at the Kraton thread under (servo mount upgrades)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back