Big Rock Just picked up this bad boy, what should I look for before I run it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABabyEater

Kult of Speed
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Nero
  7. Raider
  8. Senton 3s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
  11. Vorteks
Found this Nero listed for $500 USD (before shipping) and I knew I had to snap it up fast! Original wheels/tires are gone, but it included the original box and documentation, body, an extra clear body, and an unbreakable. Has a full tbone skid setup (chassis, arms, front and rear bumpers) and an extra center skid.

Before I put the tbone bumpers back on (it didn't fit in the box with them on), what should I review? What are the normal wear parts?

IMG_20210329_172811_01.jpg
IMG_20210329_172211_01.jpg

Found this Nero listed for $500 USD (before shipping) and I knew I had to snap it up fast! Original wheels/tires are gone, but it included the original box and documentation, body, an extra clear body, and an unbreakable. Has a full tbone skid setup (chassis, arms, front and rear bumpers) and an extra center skid.

Before I put the tbone bumpers back on (it didn't fit in the box with them on), what should I review? What are the normal wear parts?

View attachment 135848View attachment 135849
Looks pretty clean. If it runs good and everything is working properly, you got a great deal. Check to make sure the diff lock mechanisms/servos are working, then go have fun with it.

Looks pretty clean. If it runs good and everything is working properly, you got a great deal. Check to make sure the diff lock mechanisms/servos are working, then go have fun with it.
Its right around 30F here during the day, so I haven't taken it out yet - should be 65-70 by the weekend (Yay Montana). Everything is incredibly clean. No scarring on any arms or even mudguards. Suspension is incredibly plush. Only "dirt" is more garage dust than anything. Hopefully will be running it more than the shelf-queen Raider I have.

That’s cool. That’s the one that traxa$$ didn’t want arrma to make. So cool!! I wouldn’t drive it. I’d buy up as many spares as I could find and shelf queen it for another 10 years.

It runs spectacularly. A little warm, but that is to be expected with the original red can motor. Steering is a bit sluggish, even after a servo upgrade, so I need to find where I'm losing response in the geometry, and it keeps throwing output grubs due to the plastic lock collars being stripped. I have a bunch of the replacement collars, though, so I can just swap out new ones when I need. The suspension is incredibly plush, and the thing really is an absolute tank, but even so, I'm definitely not going to be lobbing and full sends, it is discontinued after all

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back