Just realized I got a different motor under warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandracer_NL

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
After getting into RC in April I destroyed my motor in the first week :rolleyes:. According to my LHS it must have been a bad motor bearing. Got a new motor under warranty (which I immediately gave thermal tape, heatsink, fans and hybrid ceramicbearings). It runs very cool, but this week I adjusted my gearing (was a bit too tight) I measured my motor just because.

Stock was a 4274 (2000kv according to manual) motor, but the new one measures 4074. I didn't notice before because it looks the same and is unbranded and has no details on it. Maybe it is a 2050kv?

It has plenty of power/torque and runs cool, but this is one of the drawbacks when buying a lessor known RC brand.
Will be solved with the next purchase :cool:

I don't have the pic on my phone now, but it's the last pic in my thread 'real high pitch starting at 50%-75% throttle'.
It's looks just like the Armma 390205 motor but with only the black body and silver colored cooling wires.
Would make sense since the stock one was Hobbywing 4274 (unmarked but was mentioned in the manual) and the ESC a (Hobbywing) 150A.
Too my knowledge the Arrma 390205 is also a Hobbywing motor.

But like Rcproponent said it performs quite well and I'm very happy with it:) (with 12T loads of torque). Have no comparison with the previous 4274 since that lasted 4 batteries and were my first 4 charges in RC :LOL:

Now that I broke my pinion I have a chance for a pic :(

1A776C7D-B154-40D1-8566-EE351A89EF57.jpeg

Now that I broke my pinion I have a chance for a pic :(

View attachment 99024
That looks like the motor that comes with the Max8 combo but with shorter wires.

Stock motor is a 4274 2050kv in all of the Arrma 6s models.

And when they measure the dimensions of the motors they measure it at the fins not the can so technically it is still a 4274.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back