Kraton Just rebuilt diffs, clicking noise again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
hey so I rebuilt all the different because the pinion gears that turn the main ring gear were ground down to nothing. This was preceeded by clicking noises.

I spent 100 dollars on brand new diff components and now its clicking again.

What do I do?

hey so I rebuilt all the different because the pinion gears that turn the main ring gear were ground down to nothing. This was preceeded by clicking noises.

What do I do?
Take it apart and see what broke in ur first run. If everything is ok than you probably have another shattered diff up front.

What do I do?
I am having same problem with my nitrous I been messing with it for 3 days now. I have shimmed the outer barring the opposite barring I tryed no shims. Still clicking. I going take to my local hobby shop see if I pay some one there to fix it.

Were these complete diffs you purchased? Or did you build them?

If you built them I would assume the pinion (input gear) bearings were new?

The input cup was seated correctly? No side to side slop in the pinion?

Diff housing cracked?

What do I do?

@cobalt172

I can't add to your issue. I'm pretty new, but a new diff for a Kraton 6S is $100? Is that aftermarket or straight from Arrma?

the damn thing has 3 freaking diffs so yeah its 100 bucks.

Well the car just completely stripped out whatever gear was clicking and now the car does not move. The fiddlestick do I do now? I am so irritated.

the damn thing has 3 freaking diffs so yeah its 100 bucks.

Well the car just completely stripped out whatever gear was clicking and now the car does not move. The fiddlestick do I do now? I am so irritated.

I can imagine. I know a few here will help you figure it out. Good luck man. I feel your pain and I haven't dropped the cash for a new one yet.

You are missing something if you got all 3 for $100 or let us know your source, would be an amazing deal.
Front/rear are ~$50 ea. and center is $32 on JRC.

Can yo make a video of your 'clicking'? My guess input gear and no shim under that one or you have a cracked diff housing or one of the screws is not seating right.

Can someone please tell me what to do here? Do I need hot racing Diff Housings? do I need titanium gears? I'm filling out a warranty request with Arrma because this is a Fuc.king Joke
You are missing something if you got all 3 for $100 or let us know your source, would be an amazing deal.
Front/rear are ~$50 ea. and center is $32 on JRC.

Can yo make a video of your 'clicking'? My guess input gear and no shim under that one or you have a cracked diff housing or one of the screws is not seating right.

I don't understand what "Shim" means. Where do I get a "Shim"? Where do I place this "Shim"? PLease tell me where the shim is, how I get the shim and how the FU.CK do I install it?

bucket.jpeg

Can you explain what you have actually done? You are jumping from stripped pinion to all diffs???
Need some details to be helpful.
What is 'clicking'?
What did you do on the center diff?
What did you do to frt and rear diff?
and last but not least, where is it 'clicking? or what are you doing at that time (accel? brake?)

Dude I have no idea where its clicking, the car is clicking I cant pinpoint where the damn noise is.

Can someone please tell me how to shim the car please

Dude I have no idea where its clicking, the car is clicking I cant pinpoint where the damn noise is.

Can someone please tell me how to shim the car please
Basically it’s little metal circles you place behind gears. It makes them rock back and forth less than they would without them. Basically identical to a real car differential shimming process.

The search feature on this forum is laughable.

Ok now I just need to order the shims. What brand and part No does everyone use to shim the diffs.

Ok now I just need to order the shims. What brand and part No does everyone use to shim the diffs.
Your not wrong the search feature is pretty bad in its current configuration. Couldn’t tell you what brand though.

Internal shims: Mugen E0206
Outer shims: Kyosho KYO96646
Input shaft shims: Kyosho KYO96772

its quite easy to know when your diff is busted if you go extremly slow on full thottle its the rear diff who is dead if its the center the car would most likely only drive front wheel drive of rear wheel drive to know for sure look how your dogbones are spinning or spin the both front wheels of the front/rear tires(one section at the time. You will know if the diff is gone. Lastly front diff heh you have to screw bad to get a front diff to break its the less stressed differential of all 3.

You cant just sit in the front of the car and wait for him to tell you why he isnt running right its a machine it doesn't talk you can yell all you want towards him he will never reply to you you have to diagnose the issue we are only here to give suggestion and tell you what to check. We cant dissasemble the truck for you we are not physicly there to do that. Check if your input gear diff cups are not loose those things will make clicking noises if they are loose because they are not driving the input gear once loose. And i hope your using theadlock on metal to metal threads

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back