Kraton Just received my Kraton: is this normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuanda1978

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Dear all, i've just received a new 2018 Kraton, but won't be able to try it for a few days.

This is my first RC, so i'm not sure whether a couple of things are normal:

1) Wheels are not aligned, FR is pointing toward right, FL is pointing toward left. Rear wheels are doing the opposite. Is this normal? (see pic).

2) Most worryingly, if i move it there's a strange sound coming from the differentials i guess...(see video). Is this normal?

Thanks and sorry for the dumb questions...

Attachments

• IMG_0855.JPG
    IMG_0855.JPG
    302.2 KB · Views: 58
Thanks guys.
I'm playing with the internals...looks really like a solid, sturdy piece of thing.

To note, i started to charge one battery and my charger (Yuko Nighthawk) did a loud and scary bang and died 1 sec after charging started (i had already done a test charge on another battery a few days ago).
I'm 100% positive everything was connected correctly, program was correct for the battery (the charger also performs a safety check), really no clue on what might have happened. (5.2m 4S Lipo).

i tend to think the charger was simply broken as all connections and parameters were correct (again, i did a test charge a few days ago with no issues).

Do you think it's safe to use that battery again (it charged for a second before banging)? The thing is, i have two identical batteries, and was dumb enough to put them together after the incident....no way to distinguish them now...but i' cant imagine a battery could have been ruined by whatever has happened.

Cheers.

Thanks guys.
I'm playing with the internals...looks really like a solid, sturdy piece of thing.

To note, i started to charge one battery and my charger (Yuko Nighthawk) did a loud and scary bang and died 1 sec after charging started (i had already done a test charge on another battery a few days ago).
I'm 100% positive everything was connected correctly, program was correct for the battery (the charger also performs a safety check), really no clue on what might have happened. (5.2m 4S Lipo).

i tend to think the charger was simply broken as all connections and parameters were correct (again, i did a test charge a few days ago with no issues).

Do you think it's safe to use that battery again (it charged for a second before banging)? The thing is, i have two identical batteries, and was dumb enough to put them together after the incident....no way to distinguish them now...but i' cant imagine a battery could have been ruined by whatever has happened.

Cheers.

Most chargers like the nighthawk have failsafes independent of the charger's transformer (the thing that usually goes out first) to keep the battery from being shorted or overvolted due to internal failure. However, failsafes can still fail :rolleyes: A good lipo charger won't charge a damaged battery, at least none of mine will.

Dear all, i've just received a new 2018 Kraton, but won't be able to try it for a few days.

This is my first RC, so i'm not sure whether a couple of things are normal:

1) Wheels are not aligned, FR is pointing toward right, FL is pointing toward left. Rear wheels are doing the opposite. Is this normal? (see pic).

2) Most worryingly, if i move it there's a strange sound coming from the differentials i guess...(see video). Is this normal?

Thanks and sorry for the dumb questions...

Brother you have to align your front wheels yourself. Read your instruction and look on YouTube for more info. The wheels in the back are pointing in the inside and it’s totally normal. I recommend you not to roll your RC but to lift it. The noise in the diff it’s because it’s a 4x4.

Thanks guys.

Cheers.

Go back where you bought it and return it.

Yep all normal mate. You can hear the gear mesh pushing against the motors magnets and all your gears are metal so it does sound impressive but all gravy and your front wheels do point out a bit but when they r pulling your crouton forwards the drive is straight. Double check all the screws are tight and enjoy it's a beast

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back