Just smoked stock servo on my Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_060983$

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Ideas on a replacement that is pretty strong but cheap would be greatly appreciated. I know cheap & strong don't usually come together but there has to be something out there..

Ideas on a replacement that is pretty strong but cheap would be greatly appreciated. I know cheap & strong don't usually come together but there has to be something out there..
Does it have to be waterproof?
This is the cheapest strongest servo that I know of they cost a couple bucks more from the US warehouse and you can get them in a 4 pack for like $40
[US$12.60 23% OFF]JX PDI-6221MG 20KG Large Torque Digital Standard Servo 120 Degree For RC Model RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/3dKaYX0tOV

Does it have to be waterproof?
This is the cheapest strongest servo that I know of they cost a couple bucks more from the US warehouse and you can get them in a 4 pack for like $40
[US$12.60 23% OFF]JX PDI-6221MG 20KG Large Torque Digital Standard Servo 120 Degree For RC Model RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/3dKaYX0tOV
+1 on JX servos.
This above is the one I recommend for 1:10 but for 1:8 I recommend HV7346MG ($50).....though the 6221 would still be considered better than what we get stock and no reason not to try it out.
Can't beat the price and I know several experienced builders here like JX as well.

You can also waterproof easily and there are tutorials and methods online that will help for little cost and maybe with stuff you have laying around.

+1 on JX servos.
This above is the one I recommend for 1:10 but for 1:8 I recommend HV7346MG ($50).....though the 6221 would still be considered better than what we get stock and no reason not to try it out.
Can't beat the price and I know several experienced builders here like JX as well.

You can also waterproof easily and there are tutorials and methods online that will help for little cost and maybe with stuff you have laying around.

View attachment 35218
View attachment 35219
These are all i use now.

+1 on JX servos.

View attachment 35218
View attachment 35219
I've been running the JX PDI-HV6210MG in my D8T and that thing is awesome in that. https://www.rcjuice.com/jx-servo-cls-6036hv-metal-gear-high-voltage-digital-servo.html

Do you know if this PowerHD LW-20MG bolts right in Outcast or do I need to buy other things to make it fit?
I want to say yes but I can not confirm this. Most standard sized servos are a direct drop in, some of the Tall servos like Savox require spacers.

Do you know if this PowerHD LW-20MG bolts right in Outcast or do I need to buy other things to make it fit?

Looking at the sizes below you might need to use different spacers.
I wanted a direct drop in replacement so ended up going for a savox 1256TG that slotted in nicely.

The ADS-15M is 40mm x 38mm x 20mm
The PowerHD LW-20MG is 40.7mm x39.5mm x20.5mm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back