Big Rock Just to see what it will do

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DetroitSS

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Typhon 3s
I decided to put some 17mm hubs from my parts typhon. A metal spur, 24t pinion, Hobbywing 150amp esc, 2100kv motor and Gens 5000mah 60c 6s lipo just out of curiosity to speed run this weekend. I did put in a spektrum sr6100at to pair with my green DX5 rugged for the avc as I"m asuming with these little hoons I will need some help with stability.

IMG_20210511_182954.jpg

I decided to put some 17mm hubs from my parts typhon. A metal spur, 24t pinion, Hobbywing 150amp esc, 2100kv motor and Gens 5000mah 60c 6s lipo just out of curiosity to speed run this weekend. I did put in a spektrum sr6100at to pair with my green DX5 rugged for the avc as I"m asuming with these little hoons I will need some help with stability.

View attachment 145130
I hope your punch is set at the lowest. Can't wait to see the results. I have a 1700 kv and 20 tooth pinion in my Typhon 3s. I'm going to be ordering probably a 24. A 27 doesn't fit in the stock Arrma aluminum motor mount unless I Dremel out the screw holes. I know the M2c mount holes are larger but I'm not investing in that right now. The HR mount may actually work though. I think, though, 24 tooth is probably the largest size I can fit on the stock mount. I'm only going to run mine on 4s. If I had to guess, the speed is probably around 50-55mph. But I have no way of checking it. There's also no heat issues with it. I am worried about pushing it too hard and stripping the diffs or input gears. One thing is for sure, I need to make sure the steering and alignment is dialed in and driving straight before I go up in a pinion size.

I set the punch on all my speed runs to 1. I have the hot racing motor mount with the 24t pinion and theres still a little room to spare. I recently had the spektrum 130 amp smart esc in mine with a 4c lipo with a 22t pinion on Duratrax lockup mt tires and hit 56 before I ran out of room and didnt hit full trigger yet so you are close with the speed. I am quit sure I would have cleared 60mph. Today the now 6s big rock hit 70 and again I live on a narrow and not so long street and didnt hit full trigger. Tomorrow I am going to head to a better area and see what it will do. All the 4s stuff is going into my typhon. I printed some limiters for the inside of my shocks so I lowered the big rock and stiffened up the suspension a bit so well see. It has the power of my Infraction with half the weight. It should be pretty fast. I am sure I will have to replace the driveshaft and axle with metal ones on the big rock. The tpu wing I printed for it worked great on 4s but flails in the wind on 6s when it hit 70 so Ima print a carbon fiber one like I did with my Infraction.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back