Just took the Big Rock for a bash at the tail end of Eunice!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BedfordRCFan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon 6s
After a complete rebuild following a catastrophic crash that left this lady in two separate pieces, I just took her out for a quick run in big open a car park round the corner. We have just had storm Eunice pile through the UK an everywhere is soaked and waterlogged so I kept her largely on road to save myself from the massive clean up effort .

I absolutely love the Big Rock much fun to drive, off road she's great, easy to control and throw around but on road she's like a drifter, and impossible to control at full speed - not helped by the wet greasy black-top.

Can anyone out there give me some tips? My set-up is defo all wrong; I'm running 2500k CST in front and rear diffs, and 40wt shock oil all-round. I think the rear end needs stiffening up a bit and she torque steers then spins out like mad - to the point that she'll flip over - so need to tame the rear diff a little, this is obvs not helped by the front end lifting, tires ballooning causing loss of most of the front end traction.

Anyhoo, a few tasty moody pics attached.

Any help would be really appreciated.

tempImageFjPfnf.png

tempImagew9OsTS.png

tempImageBLF1Au.png

Might not help much but looks like you're running 16mm 6s shocks? I'm running 6s shocks with 80wt shock oil all round kraton front on rear and mojave front front, standard springs, with 30k front diff and 15k rear diff, mine loves to wheelie though but doesn't flip on road i like the set up..

Might not help much but looks like you're running 16mm 6s shocks? I'm running 6s shocks with 80wt shock oil all round kraton front on rear and mojave front front, standard springs, with 30k front diff and 15k rear diff, mine loves to wheelie though but doesn't flip on road i like the set up..
Thats great, thanks. They are big bore shocks but eBay specials, with heavier shafts as I bent a couple of the originals. That setup sounds good, I'll give it a try. I'm trying to find something that will give me a happy balance - good on loose gravel/BMX pump tracks but also useable as a car park basher.

Thanks very much, I'll give it a try.

Thats great, thanks. They are big bore shocks but eBay specials, with heavier shafts as I bent a couple of the originals. That setup sounds good, I'll give it a try. I'm trying to find something that will give me a happy balance - good on loose gravel/BMX pump tracks but also useable as a car park basher.

Thanks very much, I'll give it a try.
I use mine on grass, road and dirt also the local skate park, it's pretty much my go to truck for everything! seems pretty well balanced all round, shocks springs are a little hard for general bashing although really good at the skate park with bigger jumps, the shock oil seems OK for general bashing and seems a good balance for me..
The diff oil might need a bit of experimenting for you to find a good balance..

I also bent a stock shock shaft and turnbuckle first time out, along with a broken front arm and popped drive shaft! Totally my fault though, big send bad landing 😳

I use mine on grass, road and dirt also the local skate park, it's pretty much my go to truck for everything! seems pretty well balanced all round, shocks springs are a little hard for general bashing although really good at the skate park with bigger jumps, the shock oil seems OK for general bashing and seems a good balance for me..
The diff oil might need a bit of experimenting for you to find a good balance..

I also bent a stock shock shaft and turnbuckle first time out, along with a broken front arm and popped drive shaft! Totally my fault though, big send bad landing 😳
Bent shocks and a bent turnbuckle, a couple of broken steering blocks - seems a weak point will be upgrading to Alu - and that's a bout it, until the big one - totally snapped the chassis in half, which is quite incredible because that chassis is a work of genius! I also somehow managed to snap off the rear output of the slipper, all of it my fault for poor driving and attacking every jump and bump at full speed!! It'
s such a versatile truck though, Arrma nailed it.

Bent shocks and a bent turnbuckle, a couple of broken steering blocks - seems a weak point will be upgrading to Alu - and that's a bout it, until the big one - totally snapped the chassis in half, which is quite incredible because that chassis is a work of genius! I also somehow managed to snap off the rear output of the slipper, all of it my fault for poor driving and attacking every jump and bump at full speed!! It'
s such a versatile truck though, Arrma nailed it.
Wow! Thought I killed mine 🤣 good sending!
I went rpm arms front and rear with stock turnbuckles, knuckles,steering blocks,16mm big bore shocks and cvd slider rear drive shafts.. oh and outcast 4s wing 👌 jumps and lands good now👍
Arrma tough now👊

So I finally got my set up right. Thanks for the tips. Went 80wt all round, Kraton front and Mojave Rear springs as you suggested and 10k in both diffs (back to stock). Front end sits up a bit but handles fantastically under breaking. Will wheelie when I want but very controllable. You've done me a solid. Cheers!

So I finally got my set up right. Thanks for the tips. Went 80wt all round, Kraton front and Mojave Rear springs as you suggested and 10k in both diffs (back to stock). Front end sits up a bit but handles fantastically under breaking. Will wheelie when I want but very controllable. You've done me a solid. Cheers!
Awesome man 👌 glad it's worked out good for you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back