JX servo issues on my Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paultro84

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I just installed a JX PDI-6221mg servo in my outcast after someone on here recommend it. Set my end points and trim but it's super weak. Like, a 30' cirlce to turn around. If I lift the front end with my foot it steers fine end to end. But on the ground and moving it sucks. Do I need a glitch buster or BEC? The specs are; operating speed .16 seconds, stall torque 20.32 kg.cm. or did I buy a POS?

Last edited:
I just installed a JX PDI-6221mg servo in my outcast after someone on here recommend it. Set my end points and trim but it's super weak. Like, a 30' cirlce to turn around. If I lift the front end with my foot it steers fine end to end. But on the ground and moving it sucks. Do I need a glitch buster or BEC? The specs are; operating speed .16 seconds, stall torque 20.32 kg.cm. or did I buy a POS?

I actually purchased this and slapped this on my sons Granite 4x4 with no issues.

Here’s what I purchased for my Outcast, so far so good after like 4 bashing sessions.

ANNIMOS 20KG Digital Servo High Torque Full Metal Gear Waterproof for RC Model DIY, DS3218MG,Control Angle 270° https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076CNKQX4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5qNUAbHPEQ7HX

Check this video out, I too had issues with my servo and thought it was an issue with a broken servo but all I had to do was is described on this video and I was back in business.

I'll watch it right now. Thank you.

Also, don't forget to check your servo saver. They have been known to loosen on their own some times. You want the nut about a nut's height above the chassis plate. Maybe a bit higher.
I will definitely look in to that in the morning. I adjusted the camber in the front and it helped out. Someone was saying if you back up fast and your front wheels wobble back and forth then the servo saver is loose. Hopefully a BEC and checking the saver will cure her illness.

Besides being cheap, these servos pull very low power so I haven't had to use a BEC with any. I run them on all my rigs except for my Typhon & Senton, which still have the shock servos. Definitely check the servo saver. I completely loctited my Outcast's servo saver & this servo's torque (or the mx38's) still managed to loosen it in 3 runs & it was red loctite :eek: I ended up doubling the nut & problem solved, for now :D

Besides being cheap, these servos pull very low power so I haven't had to use a BEC with any. I run them on all my rigs except for my Typhon & Senton, which still have the shock servos. Definitely check the servo saver. I completely loctited my Outcast's servo saver & this servo's torque (or the mx38's) still managed to loosen it in 3 runs & it was red loctite :eek: I ended up doubling the nut & problem solved, for now :D
Yep, I've got double nuts on mine too.LOL, sorry couldn't resist.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back