Kraton K4s v2 steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kp207

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
This new k4s v2 is awesome. Only thing I see for now that I'd like to address is the steering. Its doesn't have a very tight turning radius.
So whats the consensus is it the servo saver, the servo itself or both?

Set steering endpoints, get a better servo (15dollar minimum), new servo safer (i will try the old 4s arrma safer, the red one 25tooth).

Set steering endpoints, get a better servo (15dollar minimum), new servo safer (i will try the old 4s arrma safer, the red one 25tooth).
Interesting that the old k4s saver would differ. I happen to slso have the v1 k4s and no issues with steering sharp so you might be on to something

The new servo safer should be 23t (not 100% sure).
So if you want to upgrade the servo you have to/should change the servo safer anyway.

Interesting that the old k4s saver would differ. I happen to slso have the v1 k4s and no issues with steering sharp so you might be on to something
The red saver on my v1 K4 was useless, it couldn't keep the wheels turned unless I was going really slow. That and the radio was the first thing I had to change on my car.

It's lots of things. Some of it is the servo, some of it is the saver, some of it is the longer arms and longer chassis.

I think the Kimbrough saver also comes with a 23t adapter, so you don't have to buy a 25t servo if you don't want to.

I tried all the things above and wasted my time and money! This is the best solution that I have tried so far, 35kg servo and no servo saver. It is very importin to set the end points. I don't know how long it will last but it is so much better.

I tried all the things above and wasted my time and money! This is the best solution that I have tried so far, 35kg servo and no servo saver. It is very importin to set the end points. I don't know how long it will last but it is so much better.

Yeah - running a horn will have awesome steering...but will be at a cost.

I ran no saver on both my 4s V2's, the Outcast finally killed the servo so went back with a Kimbrough saver. The K4s I am still running with no saver. I did run the OC a bit harder offroad and jumping, maybe has something to do with it.

I have one stock K4Sv2 and one that has some upgrades like M2C brace, 15t and 6s shocks, AVC at 25%. I am ok with the cost. I even have a spare 35kg servo in the box. But the upgraded one drives so good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back