Kraton k6exb ‘layercake’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dqb

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Vorteks
My second K6EXB build this year, this one for my 5yo.

The plan is to run on 4s with 16/50 gearing, and smaller backflip LP’s which should put it around 35mph.

Will be mostly stock with Spectrum BLX electronics I scored from Jenny’s, though I do have a number of unused hop-ups from my first build that I will throw in the mix, notably, titanium shafts, ceramic bearings, GC fans, and a handful of other M2C, RPM, and PowerHobby goodies. Ok maybe not that stock.

Starting out with 50k/200k/20k F/C/R and a soft punch setting with the goal of keeping the front down (like his dad, he can be a bit overzealous with the throttle). Considering a perfect pass launch controller to act as a sort of governor while he gets used to the power, but he maintains excellent control of his Vorteks so hoping this will not be needed.

Named ‘layercake’ bc mostly built from take-off parts.

DD666C3E-DD86-4A17-8E80-DE9B68E252CA.jpeg

Build update: rebuilt F/R diffs this evening, and started some other light assembly. Awaiting shims to complete center diff and we should be on the road by the weekend. Shop is an utter disaster sorting parts but realizing I have a lot more duplicates than I thought was worth the lengthy organizing session.
4B69266B-DEDF-43FA-93CD-786CADBDEC50.jpeg
C094F89A-1C4B-4F72-AE5C-B838F1ADF3C2.jpeg

Last edited:
Build update:
Long evening at workbench but got it together. Still need to program electronics and tune suspension, but that sounds like a “tomorrow me” problem.

904C54C9-D890-412C-BE0F-CB5DF3DE129E.jpeg

Really enjoying this car in the current configuration, thought it would be dull compared to my other Kraton but is so much lighter it’s a joy to drive. If anything, it lacks the mid-range punch the other has, the backflip LP’s took some getting used while jumping, and the motor runs a fair bit hotter, but overall very happy with build.
CFDF92DD-155B-413A-8A40-0AA88F3FA99F.jpeg

My second K6EXB build this year, this one for my 5yo.

The plan is to run on 4s with 16/50 gearing, and smaller backflip LP’s which should put it around 35mph.

Will be mostly stock with Spectrum BLX electronics I scored from Jenny’s, though I do have a number of unused hop-ups from my first build that I will throw in the mix, notably, titanium shafts, ceramic bearings, GC fans, and a handful of other M2C, RPM, and PowerHobby goodies. Ok maybe not that stock.

Starting out with 50k/200k/20k F/C/R and a soft punch setting with the goal of keeping the front down (like his dad, he can be a bit overzealous with the throttle). Considering a perfect pass launch controller to act as a sort of governor while he gets used to the power, but he maintains excellent control of his Vorteks so hoping this will not be needed.

Named ‘layercake’ bc mostly built from take-off parts.

View attachment 237717
Nice build , but I was actually here replying to your (CHRIS REEVES) Knive I’m looking at , only half of it , but it’s all good as long as it’s a CHRIS REEVES ! So yeh nice taste you have with knives and nice build also !
I have a few myself !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back