K8 electronics in the EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinC

Flyboy, Cat Hoarder, Tiger Tamer, Party Crasher.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Talion
  8. Talion EXB
I have the guts of my K8 laying around after a Hobbywing upgrade and was wondering if they’d be a viable option to put in the EXB.

FIRMA 160 A ESC
4685, 1250kv MOTOR

Thoughts?

I have the guts of my K8 laying around after a Hobbywing upgrade and was wondering if they’d be a viable option to put in the EXB.

FIRMA 160 A ESC
4685, 1250kv MOTOR

Thoughts?
Yep that would be a good fit. The K8S heatsink is a little tough to get to fit well but it can be done. ??

Thx gents.
I will prolly pick up the EXB this winter and put these guts in it......I found out today that I still have a job for the forseeable future Yeah!
@Lride Chart , what’s your YouTube channel?

disregard......I found it....

Last edited:
I just finished doing this as well!
Had to grind off two cooling fins and cutout a little notch to clear the rear output of the centre diff, but other than that it's all good!
I've got it on a 18t pinion right now and it runs great on 6s, much cooler than the MMX+2200kv I had in there before.
Let me know if you'd like some pics :p

I just finished doing this as well!
Had to grind off two cooling fins and cutout a little notch to clear the rear output of the centre diff, but other than that it's all good!
I've got it on a 18t pinion right now and it runs great on 6s, much cooler than the MMX+2200kv I had in there before.
Let me know if you'd like some pics :p
I don't know about everyone else, but I would love to see the pics and a heads up for any other issues you may have run into. I just ordered some upgrades for my 8s and I'm planning on moving that system into an EXB as well once I can get my hands on one so any info and pics will be helpful =) Thanks!

I don't know about everyone else, but I would love to see the pics and a heads up for any other issues you may have run into. I just ordered some upgrades for my 8s and I'm planning on moving that system into an EXB as well once I can get my hands on one so any info and pics will be helpful =) Thanks!

I'm really enjoying it in the EXB. So far no issues other than cooling fans stopping.

I see some others running a higher tooth pinion on the 1650KV castle setup. Have you compare top end vs a regular V4 Kraton or one of the higher KV motor options? Just curious if I might be able to run a 20-22 tooth without heat issues on this one. Thanks again for the info.

I see some others running a higher tooth pinion on the 1650KV castle setup. Have you compare top end vs a regular V4 Kraton or one of the higher KV motor options? Just curious if I might be able to run a 20-22 tooth without heat issues on this one. Thanks again for the info.
Ive been running an 18T on the 1717 combo and it still gets hot. I’ve been trying to keep a motor fan running but haven’t had much luck.

I'm running a 20tooth pinion on my Hobbywing max6 and 1650kv and it is doing fine on the temps.

My Kraton 8s spectrum system has a 23 tooth pinion and my temps are fine.

Good luck bash on ??

6S is pretty dang fast. 8S blew up my 1717 first try, so I am gun shy now.
I always wonder 💭 a K6 on 8S must be crazy!🤪 I’m running max6/1650kv with 23t and it’s insane fast. I run 8S in my infraction but in. K6 it must be ludicrous!!!

I always wonder 💭 a K6 on 8S must be crazy!🤪 I’m running max6/1650kv with 23t and it’s insane fast. I run 8S in my infraction but in. K6 it must be ludicrous!!!
It’s really just dumb as it’s not really useful. I used to think more simply that faster was going to be more fun, but sometimes there is such a thing as too much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back