Kraton K8 exb rear diff Input gear shims?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yasaboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Anyone have a link or size they used for putting a shim or two on the input gear for the K8 Exb? Popped the teeth on the second ring gear(new) put new bearings, now wanting to tighten up the slop just a tad.
Thanks

Last edited:
I believe these are the only ones Arrma uses. At the Main gear side BB. Not any for the Input gear that I know of or can see.
Always replace the main gear and input gears with new as a set. Then these shims should work without needing any Input gear shimming.
I got this from the 1/5 Kraton RTR blow up diagram on Arrma-rc.com.
Verify first. But I am confident this is it.
The blow up diagram is your bible. Always refer to it. If you have not.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/washer-20x24x0.2mm-4/ARA709054.html

If you are so inclined however , just measure the O.D of the Input gear, and source Input gear shims.
But replacing both gears as a set only really needs the Main gear OE shims to get a proper mesh. Using the old worn out input gear with a new Main gear will probably require an input gear shim. And not truly the correct way to do this.
McMaster-Carr should have shims of all types.

FWIW, sometimes shimming the mesh can be a bear if the OE plastic Bulkhead is worn out, damaged or stretched. Plastic does this if you are using the plastic stocker bulkheads.

Good luck.:cool:

EDITED.

Last edited:
Following, I would like to know as well. I don't think many shim the input (maybe its not necessary?) but there is about 1mm of play on the front and rear. Depending on drive direction you can see the input move.

Yeah arrma has the 20x24 shim, it's a 15x26x7mm bearing, there's some slop back there, with new inputs and ring gear snapped thebteeth on the first run after fixing it yesterday. Some do shim right out the box to make it a strong er resilient mesh. Just wondering if anyone had a link.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back