K8S Butter Chassis!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Beside the fact that it is a lovely platform and open to upgrades, wonderful to drive and enjoy, at this price level! Arrma could have done much better.

"Designed Fast, Designed Tough", well the K8S (Omitting the fact that I love this truck), out of the box, it is nor fast nor tough and this is a bit disappointing, considering that competitors are faster and much tougher out of the box!
Well, I just needed to ask my question out loud, because I just bent my chassis, while barely making a 10ft jump, while my other same scale cars did much worth and landed in much worth position (straight on noise, back, top, sides...you name it) and never had any issue until now.
My K8S, landed slightly on the front right wheel and continued on the four wheels, only to discover that a brace rod end got broken and the chassis bent (4 mm difference between the front and the back).
Just ordered an m2c complete kit.
It is just sad.

Not meaning to criticize, just wondering how could Arrma launch this product as is?!
Well, I still love the truck

Beside the fact that it is a lovely platform and open to upgrades, wonderful to drive and enjoy, at this price level! Arrma could have done much better.

"Designed Fast, Designed Tough", well the K8S (Omitting the fact that I love this truck), out of the box, it is nor fast nor tough and this is a bit disappointing, considering that competitors are faster and much tougher out of the box!
Well, I just needed to ask my question out loud, because I just bent my chassis, while barely making a 10ft jump, while my other same scale cars did much worth and landed in much worth position (straight on noise, back, top, sides...you name it) and never had any issue until now.
My K8S, landed slightly on the front right wheel and continued on the four wheels, only to discover that a brace rod end got broken and the chassis bent (4 mm difference between the front and the back).
Just ordered an m2c complete kit.
It is just sad.

Not meaning to criticize, just wondering how could Arrma launch this product as is?!
Well, I still love the truck
You do know the front of the chassis has a designed bend in it, correct? It kicks up. You're not referring to that are you?

The chassis was arced at the center toward the bottom of the car, and had +/- 4 mm difference from the center toward each side.
Ok, just checking. Was this an original version of the one with the updated bracing?

Unfortunately no, I did not think of it. I took only one picture where everything is dismantled but you can’t see the bent chassis as I already had straightened it to the best of my abilities. It is not completely straight but I gave up and put it all back together and ordered an m2c kit.
I will post a picture when I receive the m2c and need to replace this one.

Attachments

• F6DDADB1-D24D-4587-87C8-25E62DCA0650.jpeg
    F6DDADB1-D24D-4587-87C8-25E62DCA0650.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 68
Ah dude that sucks. Hope the M2C goes smoothly for you.
Jumps introduce chaos,.....your truck ended at the bad end of the chaos scale.

I love this truck and have been relatively lucky with it.....28 runs, straight chassis, and yes I’ve been jumping it (no flips, just trying to learn air control). I’m sure my day will come though.

Ah dude that sucks. Hope the M2C goes smoothly for you.
Jumps introduce chaos,.....your truck ended at the bad end of the chaos scale.

I love this truck and have been relatively lucky with it.....28 runs, straight chassis, and yes I’ve been jumping it (no flips, just trying to learn air control). I’m sure my day will come though.

yeah, part of the game I guess.

I have the V1 right when it came out , after seeing all the bent chassis'/ broken arms/etc , I decided to NOT try to "send" it like my 6s Arrmas , but keep it for the open field runs / light jumping on grass . Still stock other than 23t pinion , did break a rear arm and wing mount on a not so high jump ( this was in Feb so it was cold out ) , and right front axle popped out off a jump and bent , just re-installed . For me , this truck is fine the way it is , never ran it thru water/mud/ or even dirt so it is still very clean , haven't used it in over two months now , guess it's time to charge some batts !!!!

It is a lovely truc, just for it’s weight, the chassis is on the limit of its capabilities.
still waiting on the m2c parts and I also ordered an ezrun max 5 combo and 34t/34t limitless spool.
Will see what the results will be ?

Here is a picture of the chassis.
Maybe I am mistaken, but I guess it is bent.
What do you think?

Attachments

• A8BACB85-EC0E-4CD0-BB52-3D8648E00CBE.jpeg
    A8BACB85-EC0E-4CD0-BB52-3D8648E00CBE.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 60
Bent, shment, just send it!! ?

Seriously tho, looks like it’s time for an M2C or JBIRC chassis if your gonna hammer on it like that... ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back