Kraton K8S EXB Tire Issues Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanara.kenshin

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 8s
Im just not having any luck on my EXB tires. Last week was the left rear. This week is the right rear. I reglued all the tires also.

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

Where you doing that thong where you floor it while turning so 8t rocks around in a circle?
It looks like the old diffing out to one side thing. I can unglue any of the Duratrax belted tires in a heartbeat. That's also why I put 1mil in the front & rear. It really kills all that diffing out.

Yep, the Copperheads on the EXB are pre-vented too. They also have larger tread & are in scale with the 6s tire.
Good to know. TBH when I first posted I didn’t notice it was the K8EXB. I see so many people on here talking about blown tires.

Arrma is also being silly with the numbers too. The RTR Copperheads are DBL527AX & the K8EXB's are dBO527AX. BTW, the Backflips are dBO522AX. I'm sure the numbers mean something to them. All I know is that they will all fail with the stock diff setup.

Oh man that really sucks, I hope you can get this sorted out, the edges look chipped up too? Can you please confirm are these the new heavy duty copperheads?

Oh man that really sucks, I hope you can get this sorted out, the edges look chipped up too? Can you please confirm are these the new heavy duty copperheads?
Yes its the new copperheads. The edges are chipped because of the glue.

Oh OK, hope you can figure out what's doing it.
Its just a crappy quality control from Arrma. Barely had any glue on those tires. There were rushing to get this kits out the door to sell. Instead of making sure everything is 100% good.

I'm losing faith in Arrma real fast.
I'm right there with you. You have any idea how many xmaxx I have bought just in fixing my k6. My 3s have been great. 6s isn't even really an arrma anymore and the parts that break all the time are the left over arrma parts that are still on it. The k8 EXB left a sour taste in my mouth with the way they are advertising it and seems the ones that are holding up don't have much arrma left to them as well. I know you have been around the hobby a while. I am sure you understand when I say I blame horizon hobby.
Might give the corally bashers a try. This newest lineup is looking very nice. Well not the looks of them🤢 but the platform itself.

That's why I wrap all my 6s tires with 500lb cored kevlar cord and will likely have to wrap the tires on my 4s stampede/ejato as well. With them wrapped, even WOT in the air for extended periods doesn't seem to harm even my heavy 3.8" trenchers. They don't balloon as much, so triple+ backflips aren't that attainable unless I get a lot of air under it... but I'd rather have tires that don't blow apart.

I'm right there with you. You have any idea how many xmaxx I have bought just in fixing my k6. My 3s have been great. 6s isn't even really an arrma anymore and the parts that break all the time are the left over arrma parts that are still on it. The k8 EXB left a sour taste in my mouth with the way they are advertising it and seems the ones that are holding up don't have much arrma left to them as well. I know you have been around the hobby a while. I am sure you understand when I say I blame horizon hobby.
Might give the corally bashers a try. This newest lineup is looking very nice. Well not the looks of them🤢 but the platform itself.
Im loosing faith also on this brand. Ive spend to so much on the last 3 months. Ive been okay with the issues on the 3s and 6s lines. It did got expensive tripling the price of the car with all the uprades. I don't think I will be doing it with the 8S. If I break an a arms its my fault, but tires exploding on less than 4 packs run through this truck is unacceptable. HH is been slow also on taking care of the issue. Mayeb they are getting bombarded with all the issues they been having lately. This will probably be my last arrma kit I'll be buying. Im better off building from scratch or just try a different brand.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back