K8S Sway bars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casper391

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Typhon 3s
What is your guys opinion on sway bars for the Kraton 8s. The truck is very well planted and handles great as is do you think sway bars are worth getting? What would the benefits be?

Welcome to AF,
In my opinion, sway bars work if they are set up properly and adjusted accordingly. They can work against you if not setup properly. There are many videos that discuss sway bar adjustment. Also, shock settings work in tandem with sway bar response and chassis roll. I like how they respond. I don't own a K8S. But my 6S loves them. And other rigs I own. I feel they should have been included with the 8S. 8S Front and rear bars and hardware for both are approx. $34.00 USD. If it was me, I would have them already. Its a benefit. IMO. Many remove their bars on the 6S saying it makes no difference. I beg to differ and experimented with one Fr and one Rr and both removed. I didn't like without. Just me. Great to experiment with them. Again I don't own an 8S to comment further than this.:)
FYI, you can try rear first alone then front. On looser terrain it keeps you planted. On high bite its much easier to traction roll. It fine to use a fron only or rear. Its a traction tuning aid that may make you feel more in control depending on how, where you drive. (y)

Last edited:
I was planning on installing the K8S with Sway bars but Armma does not include the pivot ball links.

If it’s this part, you get four with the truck out of the box.
F49F0493-3647-405E-AE8D-A5188948E03B.jpeg

Or you could order this part number.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA330567

What would be best for jumping?
2E7DD41B-69B9-4379-BCCB-B568CF5E881B.png
9E559C1F-B75E-4DAF-9291-20F53CF53481.png

27CB384C-1E15-46E5-A475-A1103C829C43.png

D076CE90-1AF3-49F1-9D0C-1ADA1F04A4A1.png

What is the difference and which would be better than the other?

To answer the question of which sway bar is better, well I'm not sure yet but I bought them all and will experiment..?

To answer the question of which sway bar is better, well I'm not sure yet but I bought them all and will experiment..?
If the mounting hardware ever comes off perpetual back order... ?

So at this point I assume some have installed and played with them enough to say how they handle vs. stock. Thinking I don’t need them, but curious what those that have them think?

So at this point I assume some have installed and played with them enough to say how they handle vs. stock. Thinking I don’t need them, but curious what those that have them think?
I have installed the 5mm sway bars the thickest they offered. Really changed the way it corners but I believe to some they wouldn't notice the difference. But if you're like me. You want to put every upgrade offered by arrma on your rig! Next I may change the front bumper with the Outkast 8s???

I went 5mm rear, 4mm front on my O8s and it transformed the handling..!!
Now it turns in like a touring car..??

FYI peeps...............theres 4 pivot ball links that comes with Outcast 8S truck bag of parts and tools................HELLO......ya just have to order part numbers ARA330613 FOR 5MM SWAY BARS AND ARA330614 SWAY BAR HARDWARE SET to complete the install..how thoughtful of arrma to include 4 clues..lol

What is your guys opinion on sway bars for the Kraton 8s. The truck is very well planted and handles great as is do you think sway bars are worth getting? What would the benefits be?
You get them out of the box. 4ea
I got the kit and they later changed there inventory to recommend the pivot ball links when ordering the sway bars. Furthermore, after I installed them I barely noticed a difference. The wheels are so heavy that when you lift the car in the air and raise one side the other side usually moves up but they did nothing. But I got them because they fill the void.
I don't think you need them on the 8S. At least not for what I do with it.
I have them and I have the thickest sway bars and it does nothing but fill in the void. I know it does nothing because the characteristics still the same and if you raise the vehicle and lift one side usually the other side will lift a little but nothing changed. Wheels are way too heavy but it still looks cool and fills the space.

FYI peeps...............theres 4 pivot ball links that comes with Outcast 8S truck bag of parts and tools................HELLO......ya just have to order part numbers ARA330613 FOR 5MM SWAY BARS AND ARA330614 SWAY BAR HARDWARE SET to complete the install..how tho
Arrma cheaped out on the K8, their flagship rig. All the 6s rigs come with them. Putting 3 nickels worth of balls and making the sway bars an option was balls IMHO. Many think it is not needed simply because it doesn't come with it. False thinking. The sway bars were B/O for months and months after the release. Maybe they couldn't source them for the announced release before the Holiday and decide to leave them off production and toss in the balls because that's all they could supply for the SB's. Take your pick. I don't have a K8. I don't want one now. Maybe an OC8 but after they get these rigs together better. Too much drama withe the 8s rigs. Seems like Arrma needs another year to tighten up QC and all if they even can.
ughtful of arrma to include 4.

Can I get the how can I install a sway bar to the Arrma Vorteks 3s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back