Kraton K8S Tools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammer Down

I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley! 🙃
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Infraction 4x4
Looking for larger hex drivers for the new K8S. I already have all the MIP’s 1.5mm-3mm. and most everything else one could want for working on rc’s. What I’m looking for is recommendations on GOOD! 1/4” drivers for the larger hardware on the K8S (4mm,5mm,6mm) etc... I’m trying to prepare for working on this incoming MONSTER!!! ???

Looking for larger hex drivers for the new K8S. I already have all the MIP’s 1.5mm-3mm. and most everything else one could want for working on rc’s. What I’m looking for is recommendations on GOOD! 1/4” drivers for the larger hardware on the K8S (4mm,5mm,6mm) etc... I’m trying to prepare for working on this incoming MONSTER!!! ???
My guess is that you can buy more standard tools when you get to those sizes. The smaller specialty ones are better in specialty hobby grade. As the screw sizes increase, the likelyhood of stripping them probably reduces too. I'm sure some good T-handle hex sets would be more than enough for 4mm plus. Guess we'll have to wait and see what all the new K8S say as they start to tear into their rigs.

My guess is that you can buy more standard tools when you get to those sizes. The smaller specialty ones are better in specialty hobby grade. As the screw sizes increase, the likelyhood of stripping them probably reduces too. I'm sure some good T-handle hex sets would be more than enough for 4mm plus. Guess we'll have to wait and see what all the new K8S say as they start to tear into their rigs.
So far I have used a regular 4mm Allen wrench with no issues. No way your are stripping these big hex heads. Like Johnny suggested, I think a T-handle set would be perfect.

Ok, thanks guys that’s kinda what I was thinking. I’m always in search of the best of what ever I’m into, so that’s why I ask ???

I have used my regular 1.5 to 3mm rc hex drivers, mostly 2 and 3mm so far, and just used some regular tools for the rest.
One thing I recommend getting is a nice 24mm driver for the wheelnuts, the one included is garbage imo.

I bought this set and happy with it.
I think you can buy an individual piece but as a set is much cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/Wera-05073593001-Multicolor-Metric-Blacklaser/dp/B009ODV0OE/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2HF0X1NZTEA9B&keywords=wera+hex+key&qid=1643812394&s=industrial&sprefix=wera+hex+key,industrial,53&sr=1-2&th=1

610sbmM91-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Never needed ball ends for my 1/5 scale stuff. The small hardware fails before my tools. Mip all the way

T handles. Lol. Allen wrenches. No way!!

I bought these off Amazon. For as much as I use them they work fine. The larger the size the less likely they will strip any way. Been using them for years on all my 1:5 scale stuff. No issues.
I use the traxxas handle where I need to but it’s always in my drill/driver.

I strongly agree with the “Don’t buy ball ends”

https://www.amazon.ca/Neiko-01148A-...tric+¼+all,aps,192&sr=8-16&wIndexMainSlot=23#

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back