K8S wheel Wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaperBoyRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Outcast 8s
Anyone experience just a little wheel wobble in the front wheels after a few runs? I’ve checked the wheel assemblies and everything seems in tact and fastened down. Yet there is a little extra play. Is this common?

Anyone experience just a little wheel wobble in the front wheels after a few runs? I’ve checked the wheel assemblies and everything seems in tact and fastened down. Yet there is a little extra play. Is this common?
Not.by my experience.....odd.....others will chime in......

Where is the play coming from?

The pillow balls and retainers look snug and straight. There’s just a little wiggle at the hub. This is my 1st 1/5 truck, so maybe this is a normal amount of play or there’s some other maintenance I need to do. Bearings? Hex nut? Sorry guys I’m new to this!

Inner/outer wheel bearings, if not poorly adjusted Pivot balls. That's a good amount of slop IMHO.
Buy a quality set of new sealed BB's. If the issue is in fact these BB's, all will be bricking at some point. One by one. I heard the stockers are shortlived in general. And one by one they start to wear and get sloppy till they gall out and destruct.

I can hear it clicking up and down, like the pillar/pivot/pillow ball retainers are too loose.. 🤷‍♂️
Side to side looks normal as the turnbuckle ends aren’t a super tight fit.
I’d double check the retainers, they should be about 1/4 turn backed off from tight, or have just an ever so slight in and out movement.

I can hear it clicking up and down, like the pillar/pivot/pillow ball retainers are too loose.. 🤷‍♂️
Side to side looks normal as the turnbuckle ends aren’t a super tight fit.
I’d double check the retainers, they should be about 1/4 turn backed off from tight, or have just an ever so slight in and out movement.
This is gold. Thank you guys I’ll check these things this evening!

The stock retainers have a habit of tightening/loosening them selves.. Teflon tape on the threads helps.
M2C also makes a nice fix for that if you end up having repeats of said issue.

The stock retainers have a habit of tightening/loosening them selves.. Teflon tape on the threads helps.
M2C also makes a nice fix for that if you end up having repeats of said issue.
I feel that may be in my future
(M2C if Teflon doesn't solve)
The pillow balls and retainers look snug and straight. There’s just a little wiggle at the hub. This is my 1st 1/5 truck, so maybe this is a normal amount of play or there’s some other maintenance I need to do. Bearings? Hex nut? Sorry guys I’m new to this!

Videos are VERY helpful!!!!

I feel that may be in my future
(M2C if Teflon doesn't solve)

Videos are VERY helpful!!!!
Yup, pillow ball retainers were a little lose. Tightened them down a little and the play is gone. I take it y’all have done some kind of mod to keep them from listening again? P.S. Y'all rock! 🎸

Last edited:
Teflon tape works. I even use TT placed into the Ball ends to take up slack on all the Ball ends across the rig.
Before Arrma started using O-Rings on the Pivot Ball nuts, I used TT. Many did. And still do. As Even the O-ring is not 100%.
Pivot Balls need to be checked after every single run IMHO. Any rig model or brand. Just the nature of the beast.
I was always partial to C-Hub style front ends instead of PB's myself. They are easier to dial in. Another topic. Better On throttle Steering.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back