Katars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Talion
  4. Talion EXB
Tires are good for me.
0420192018.jpg

I love the Katars. Love them. A little piece of me dies every time I see someone with different wheels on their Talion :confused:

I love the Katars. Love them. A little piece of me dies every time I see someone with different wheels on their Talion :confused:
I blew one of mine the first time out on 6s on infield dirt on a baseball diamond. Bought another set and cracked a rim but can't remember how. Went to Blacklips that are way too heavy for this truck and then SRC Terrain Crushers. Back and forth to Katars. It requires something light and low profile imo.
I do plan to try the v3 Kraton tires when I find a deal as @Primarrma suggests and videos show they work. Also want a second set of v4 Kraton tires to try.

I blew one of mine the first time out on 6s on infield dirt on a baseball diamond. Bought another set and cracked a rim but can't remember how. Went to Blacklips that are way too heavy for this truck and then SRC Terrain Crushers. Back and forth to Katars. It requires something light and low profile imo.
I do plan to try the v3 Kraton tires when I find a deal as @Primarrma suggests and videos show they work. Also want a second set of v4 Kraton tires to try.

I know those V3 Kraton tires work for him but I think they blow. Crap traction.

I know those V3 Kraton tires work for him but I think they blow. Crap traction.
The Minokawas have the worst wheels(weak hexes) they don't last, but the fact that they don't always have great traction, I see as a plus, they tend to slip rather than break something(On the Talion I see this as a good thing). I love the Backflips for traction, but as mentioned above on the Talion they are too heavy, that's for sure. The stock Talion wheels are awesome, though I like the Minokawa tyres for the added cushion, weight(for stunts), and height, plus they work on the beach really well. I've not driven a tyre that works as well on the beach as the Minokawas. The Katars are also pretty good on the sand.

Pro-Line tyres are too expensive in Australia(I use them on my nitro buggys and truggys, but they are the race wheels/tyres so they are cheaper). I can get 4 Arrma wheels and tyres for less than the price of 2 Pro-Line wheels and tyres, and I don't need to tie them up with braid. I'm not telling people to use them, I just havn't written them off in all situations. Same thing as the Talion, heaps of people talk down about the car, but it's awesome, just needs to be understood, like anything, it has it's place.

The Minokawas have the worst wheels(weak hexes) they don't last, but the fact that they don't always have great traction, I see as a plus, they tend to slip rather than break something(On the Talion I see this as a good thing). I love the Backflips for traction, but as mentioned above on the Talion they are too heavy, that's for sure. The stock Talion wheels are awesome, though I like the Minokawa tyres for the added cushion, weight(for stunts), and height, plus they work on the beach really well. I've not driven a tyre that works as well on the beach as the Minokawas. The Katars are also pretty good on the sand.

Pro-Line tyres are too expensive in Australia(I use them on my nitro buggys and truggys, but they are the race wheels/tyres so they are cheaper). I can get 4 Arrma wheels and tyres for less than the price of 2 Pro-Line wheels and tyres, and I don't need to tie them up with braid. I'm not telling people to use them, I just havn't written them off in all situations. Same thing as the Talion, heaps of people talk down about the car, but it's awesome, just needs to be understood, like anything, it has it's place.

I'm gonna pick some of those v3 Kraton sets to see how I feel about em. I have some sand spots (as mentioned) that I want to explore. I haven't looked but I suspect they're quite a bit heavier than Katar. Also need to check to see if available unmounted.
I'm gonna pick some of those v3 Kraton sets to see how I feel about em. I have some sand spots (as mentioned) that I want to explore. I haven't looked but I suspect they're quite a bit heavier than Katar. Also need to check to see if available unmounted.
Also may go ahead and try the V4 Kraton tires I own on the Talion next. Finally got the Talion with some upgrades so it's time to goose it.

Also may go ahead and try the V4 Kraton tires I own on the Talion next. Finally got the Talion with some upgrades so it's time to goose it.
I don't think they sell the tyres unmounted?

I have a set of v4 kraton tyres coming, looking forward to trying them too.

With the Katars I really enjoy the sound of the car when it's in the air. They really grip well on road to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back