Kraton Keep Aluminium bulkhead or replace with plastic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iLikeRCs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
20230113_212726.jpg

My Kraton 6s came with these aluminium bulkheads - is it a good idea to keep them or better to replace with stock plastic? (The stock plastic parts were included). Asking because it looks like it isn't the highest quality and I'm thinking the tolerances might make the diff gears inside mesh bad? And what's the point having it in aluminium, is it a common part to break/smart upgrade or just bling?

Alright then, thank you!
I've had the whole rear end of my kraton come off the chassis during a bad landing because of the plastic bulkhead. I replace them with those cheap ones every time I break a plastic one somehow. Never had problems again. 😎 👍

I've had the whole rear end of my kraton come off the chassis during a bad landing because of the plastic bulkhead. I replace them with those cheap ones every time I break a plastic one somehow. Never had problems again. 😎 👍
Damn that's crazy, guess they are a pretty good upgrade then!
Btw I feel like the gear mesh is a little loose, do you know what size shims can be used for the back of the inside gear here?

Attachments

• 20230113_214632.jpg
    20230113_214632.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 65
Damn that's crazy, guess they are a pretty good upgrade then!

Btw I feel like the gear mesh is a little loose, do you know what size shims can be used for the back of the inside gear here?
I'm not sure but I swear I've used the same shims that come with the rigs to shim that spot before.

https://justbashitrc.com/shop/arrma-differential-shims/

I think those will work? hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong!

Put a large shim behind the bearing.. same as the carrier stack shims..

Major brain fart, not the same, 19mm o.d on the inner input bearing...

Last edited:
Measured the size and seems like 8x10mm shims would work, so I'm ordering some...and some mugen E0206s for the internals :)
My Fireteam diffs came with 8x10mm shims behind that gear.

Measured the size and seems like 8x10mm shims would work, so I'm ordering some...and some mugen E0206s for the internals :)

Correct, 8x10 for behind the gear itself.. or 13x16 for behind the bearing..

Correct, 8x10 for behind the gear itself.. or 13x16 for behind the bearing..
So my 8x10s are arriving later than expected.. I tried the 13x16s but I think adding them would either make the bearing roll less smoothly or even damage the seal?
It sits directly on the rubber seal as it's too small to sit on the outer metal ring.. see pic

20230116_174110.jpg

So my 8x10s are arriving later than expected.. I tried the 13x16s but I think adding them would either make the bearing roll less smoothly or even damage the seal?
It sits directly on the rubber seal as it's too small to sit on the outer metal ring.. see pic

View attachment 270618

Oh crap! I'm sorry man.. I quoted the wrong shim size.. that bearing is 19mm o.d not 16... Your intuition is correct the 13x16 will not work at all... I ment to type 13x19..

Oh crap! I'm sorry man.. I quoted the wrong shim size.. that bearing is 19mm o.d not 16... Your intuition is correct the 13x16 will not work at all... I ment to type 13x19..
Ok that makes sense, it's all good, I had the 13x16s laying around anyways.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back