Keep an eye on this part

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryT

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Still a newbie but if you are too, keep an eye on this pin in the rear Arm. This is the second time it has worked loose on me. First I just bent it back to straight, then purchased some in case it happened again. The other side seems locked in but there is enough room on this side for it to work out and then it bends.
I also have upgraded the mega with Castle SW motor and ESC combo and what a difference. Had to put the wheelie bar on. Just enough for me with the 2S 5000mah lipo, and so much fun. Put Pro-line Trenchers on the rear which gives some grip.
VGwj4QsZLW2GCe2j6
qTfPAB9UwJi7SCbr7

Attachments

• IMAG0965.jpg
    IMAG0965.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMAG0964.jpg
    IMAG0964.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 81
Hmmm... My blx (1 generation old) uses a plain pin there with no threads or head and it is held in place with a seperate screw and washer. I've never had any issues with it backing itself out but it has broken its way out of that mount a few times. Should be a pretty cheap and painless conversion if you want to try something different. Here is the part diagram, the pin is shown by the a-arm and the screw/washer is shown behind the part where they connect to the chassis.

IMG_4282.jpg

I'm still new to this as well but there should be a screw holding that pin in there. At least there is on our blx.

You all may be right. I seen that other hole next to the Pin where you could put a screw and washer. Looks like Arrma did away with, or missed placing it on the new Mega. Does not show on the breakdown diagram. But that should be an easy fix. I Will add that, at least to the one side. Thanks

Just thought.... How do you get that pin out (without a head on it) unless it snaps out of the body ?

The screw is only there to hold the (headless) pin in place. Looks like Arrma decided to cheap out on the megas and use a screw in pin. This is a bad design because as the suspension moves it rotates and unscrews the pin (notice it's on the right side so when you land a jump and there is a quick jolt of counterclockwise force from the arm that unscrews the pin) You could try a drop of CA glue on the thread to hold it in place but the headless pin with the screw is a much better design and probably worth upgrading to.

Ha.Ha.... That is why only the right side is working out. Have been jumping a little with the Granite. Makes sense.
Thanks for the link to parts. Says available late May. Hmmm....or I could just cut the head off the pin I have and add the 3x5mm screw.

You all may be right. I seen that other hole next to the Pin where you could put a screw and washer. Looks like Arrma did away with, or missed placing it on the new Mega. Does not show on the breakdown diagram. But that should be an easy fix. I Will add that, at least to the one side. Thanks

Just thought.... How do you get that pin out (without a head on it) unless it snaps out of the body ?
@GaryT- part #AR330146 is what my hobby store gave me as parts when I read your posted thread. I immediately checked mine and both are bent really bad. I'm just not sure how to install it since I'm wondering if the same issues happened how do I pull the pins out without the thread? I was wondering if I return them or put then to replace my sons granite 2016-exactly how it is in the diagram...

@GaryT- btw I appreciate the thread post , saves me from replacing tires and arms on my son's granite mega 2016. I noticed that the more we drive the MT with bent pins, the traction and thread of tires are uneven and arms are hardly moving cause the pin is bent almost like a semi -S shape when I pulled it few hours ago... thanks again sir GaryT!

@GaryT- part #AR330146 is what my hobby store gave me as parts when I read your posted thread. I immediately checked mine and both are bent really bad. I'm just not sure how to install it since I'm wondering if the same issues happened how do I pull the pins out without the thread? I was wondering if I return them or put then to replace my sons granite 2016-exactly how it is in the diagram...

@GaryT- btw I appreciate the thread post , saves me from replacing tires and arms on my son's granite mega 2016. I noticed that the more we drive the MT with bent pins, the traction and thread of tires are uneven and arms are hardly moving cause the pin is bent almost like a semi -S shape when I pulled it few hours ago... thanks again sir GaryT!

Glad to be of help. I had bought the original pins (with threads) and replaced mi e with that. I also added a small screw I had with a head on it that was just large enough to go over the pin head. In the adjacent screw hole. Seems to be working since it hasn't worked out yet.
I figured it was the best of both since no one ever said how you would pull that pin out if you have to. At least with the pin with threads you have something to grab with pliers.

Glad to be of help. I had bought the original pins (with threads) and replaced mi e with that. I also added a small screw I had with a head on it that was just large enough to go over the pin head. In the adjacent screw hole. Seems to be working since it hasn't worked out yet.
I figured it was the best of both since no one ever said how you would pull that pin out if you have to. At least with the pin with threads you have something to grab with pliers.
Sounds great.I didn't get the chance to get the parts today cause my daily driver gave up on me yesterday. Been looking for a replacement vehicle all day. I'll try to install the same part number # AR330146 today to see how it works. But I still didn't get the wheelie bar I ordered online, so my daughter only get to bash the granite for a few minutes. It scares her whenever the granite flips and cart wheels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back