Typhon Keep blowing tires on my typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon 6s
Hi guys, my typhon 6s keeps blowing tires, im using a 6s battery 6500 mah 100xc rating, motor blx 2050 mamba monster x, 46 spur 20 pinion. I was bashing in the grass, when i full throttle it,my tires baloon. Im using the arrma katar tires, also im noticing with the heavier battery its more prone to flipping over, when getting air for example.

Hi guys, my typhon 6s keeps blowing tires, im using a 6s battery 6500 mah 100xc rating, motor blx 2050 mamba monster x, 46 spur 20 pinion. I was bashing in the grass, when i full throttle it,my tires baloon. Im using the arrma katar tires, also im noticing with the heavier battery its more prone to flipping over, when getting air for example.
I’m having the same type of issues on 6S. On 4S I don’t have any problems but as soon as I toss in a 6S pack, tires blow up. I’ve ran two sets of Katars and a set of Duratrax Lockups. I just bought a set of Badlands MX M2 but haven’t ran them yet. Hoping to test them out today on 6S and see if they hold.

That would normally be the speed pinion for that setup so I could see it ballooning. you vented your tires right? is there any water or dampness getting in them? I don't run them on any of my rigs since I live on a gravel road but I haven't torn any with any of my spicy setups.

Had that issue on my Senton 6s. Vent the tires 180 degrees apart and duct tape the inside holes. Makes em last longer.

I’m having the same type of issues on 6S. On 4S I don’t have any problems but as soon as I toss in a 6S pack, tires blow up. I’ve ran two sets of Katars and a set of Duratrax Lockups. I just bought a set of Badlands MX M2 but haven’t ran them yet. Hoping to test them out today on 6S and see if they hold.
Needing new set for senton6s.ive tryed lockups,kept having to reglue.alright tire.i like the mx m2 tires just a bit to tall.what do you think is best 1/8 buggy tire???truck has 20t in it like your typhon.seen somewhere on here you where going to try mx28 on typhon.non belted be ready for some ballooning.update me after run

Needing new set for senton6s.ive tryed lockups,kept having to reglue.alright tire.i like the mx m2 tires just a bit to tall.what do you think is best 1/8 buggy tire???truck has 20t in it like your typhon.seen somewhere on here you where going to try mx28 on typhon.non belted be ready for some ballooning.update me after run
Best buggy tire so far has been the Badlands M2 for me. Second place is the Lockups. Katars wear way too fast.

Thank you sir.i thought same thing.mx2 are 120mm an lockups 112mm.want the smaller tire,but I think another set of mx2 it will be. These are just some that I've tested and I'm with you mx2 1st an lockups 2nd.

16010955386106503529482189645081.jpg

don't you just have a little bit too much power for that little car ?
can't think of any other reason why you'd otherwise go through your tires

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back